Friday, August 29, 2008

Due Today

Well, as you can see from my "creepy" baby counter, that my kids should be born today. Instead, I have one chubby boy weighing in at 7.4 at home, and one petite (6.3) and particular little girl in the hospital. Although she has everyone wrapped around her finger, all the nurses agree that it is time for her to come home. However, she still needs a few more days to work on eating...so we'll see. Between the two of them I am close enough to my due date. I wonder if that counter does negative numbers.
Thanks to grandparents, we have been able to get more sleep than I thought, but the term "sleep like a baby" definitely does not describe Adam. Sleep like a grizzly bear might be more appropriate. However, he is cute enough that by morning all is forgiven:




8 comments:

heath said...

Oh, how weird that must be, to realize that presumably today (or closer to today's date) "should" have been the first day you officially met your little ones. Well, life never turns out the way we plan, does it. Still praying for little Rachel to come home soon. So glad for these miracle babies!

Rachel B. said...

I'm so glad you have little Adam home and that Rachel is sounding like she's so close behind. They are so so sweet. And yes, the whole phrase "sleep like a baby" is just plain funny. I've heard a more updated version that says "Whoever says 'sleep like a baby' doesn't have one." (or something close to that.) Anyway, I'm glad to see that everything is going so well for you guys and your little ones. And how nice for you to be getting a lot of family help. You deserve it!

jeanine said...

Your babies just keep getting cuter and cuter! Glad that you've been able to get a little more rest. Hope Rachel gets to come home SOON!

Chrissy said...

Adam is looking chubby in those pictures! Chubby babies are the best!! I am so glad that Rachel isn't too far behind. That will be so exciting to have your whole family under one roof!!

Alaina said...

Oh I just want to tear up even hearing about it all! Hooray for the Fitz Fam. You are amazing, and no-sleep doesn't last forever. In fact, a few months from now you'll have a hard time remembering how awful it was :) Promise.

Heather said...

He does get cuter and cuter each time you post new pictures. Hopefully Rachel will be home very soon, if not tomorrow!

lori said...

Love those pictures! So glad they're doing well! We miss you!

mcampbell said...

Adam is so chubby and sweet. I love him.

And glad for the update on Rachel. Can't wait for her to join you. Prayers continue.

Love to you.