Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Presents

Ryan gave me:
  • sleeping in and washing bottles
  • changing one diaper

Rachel gave me:

  • 2 new top teeth! (sorry I never have pictures of your milestones)
  • not squealing too loudly during church

Adam gave me: (I recommend muting these videos. It really is quite embarrassing.)

My dad bet that Rachel would crawl first. She doesn't get first prize, but this proves it was almost a tie.

I have many many thoughts about my kids and my mother's day with them, but since I'm tired I will leave you with these two:

  1. Mother's Day needs to be on a Saturday
  2. I should've worn ear plugs so "sleeping in" wasn't just "staying in bed"

7 comments:

The Pagets in Florida said...

It is nice to see that some Mother's day gifts don't cost a lot of money. Crawling at 11 months, not too bad. Our lazy kids don't crawl until well after a year so far.

jeanine said...

I can't believe they are crawling already!!! Wow! And I'm impressed that Rachel was crawling in a dress... that's gotta be tough.

nateandrebecca said...

That is fun to see that they are crawling. Yay!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I protest! Rachel was handicapped or she would have been first. Tuck that dress into her tights so she can move! That is what I used to do with you when you wore all those cute dresses. And since she did not have that advantage she did great! Way to go sweetie!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I am so proud of Adam! Especially since he is so used to crying his little pathetic whine so that Grandma will run over and hand him the toy! Good thing I am not there or he might not be crawling now! He does like getting what he wants right now and so now he has to work a bit for it. Wonderful first crawling big boy!

lori said...

Ha! They're so cute crawling!! And in their little baseball hats! Can't wait to see you all!

And A Saturday Mother's day isn't a bad idea...al long as we still get chocolate at church =)

lisa said...

I agree! I wish I would've worn ear plugs. My mom says Mothers Day was not invinted by a mom, but by a man. She calls it guilt day. I call it whiny mom day, because I really do want to do nothing at all and we all know that doesn't happen!