Monday, December 13, 2010

Not Ready Yet...

I have a whole post in my head about my kids growing up and how I'm not ready for the next stages of potty training, giving up naps, and big kid beds. I am putting it all off as long as I can. But the kids are not letting me wait.

Rachel has been climbing INTO her bed for awhile, but not out (except her pack n play). Adam has not done either until just today. He can't get in, but he can get out.

As  I write this he is out of his bed. Rachel started crying when he left the room so he opened the door again and I heard this conversation:

"What's wrong, Rachey? Do you need a book?"

"Yeah."


The next time.

"What's wrong, Rachey? Do you need a toy?"

"Yeah"

"Which one?"



Daddy: "Adam, come here."

Silence.

Rachel: "Go--go to Daddy!"

It is 10:30pm. We all have some form of the stomach flu. At least we have some comic relief.

6 comments:

Erin said...

You have such a wonderful out look on everything:) I agree, I'm not ready to move on with somethings. Quiet time is different with Ethan potty trained, because its hard to keep him contained somewhere to relax and nap. Things change, and somehow, we have to keep pushing ahead and be at peace. I'm still learning it myself:)

heath said...

That conversation is pretty much priceless. Sorry to hear you guys are sick. No fun,especially this time of year. Feel better soon, and enjoy those kids at all these fun stages (and good luck with letting them grow up--hard!).

jeanine said...

Hope you all get better soon!

Love this conversation...

Kerri said...

Sorry you guys are sick! Way to have a good attitude. Glad you have the kids to keep you company when you're not feeling well. =P Get better soon!

ROAST said...

Your kids are great. Good luck adapting to the next phase!

nateandrebecca said...

This conversation makes me laugh. Sorry you guys have been sick though; hope you are feeling better.