Thursday, January 6, 2011

They Won

We had a trial run of big beds at gma's house. It had it's ups and downs. Mostly downs. So I was going to put off getting rid of the cribs for another week or so. But when ryan got enthused to buy sheets and put the bed together I wasn't going to turn it down. Tucked them in at 8...at 8:10 they were asleep. Hooray! Now I just have to teach them not to get up at 6 am! And to not wake up and go step on your brother until he screams.
My to do list is more than a mile long but my cold plus this up at dawn no nap schedule is killing me! But at least they look cute in their new jammies that match their beds.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

8 comments:

jeanine said...

Naps are horrible once kids switch to big beds... I always give up after a while.

The Pagets in Florida said...

You have free-range children now. Welcome to the club.

ROAST said...

Nice! Way to make a big change.

Jeff and Jill said...

aw! they grow up so fast! crazy!

Amy F. P. said...

We just did the switch to the big bed this week too--although I had nothing to do with it. Jeff just went and did it without asking!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

With RachE on the higher bed she has a perfect shot at Adam's tummy. Look out Adam! Maybe you can give prizes to who ever wakes up and sneaks out to snuggle with Mommy without waking the other. Maybe when pigs fly???

The Pagets in Florida said...

I might suggest having them sleep with heads at opposite ends of the bed. In general, for their size, there should not be a late evening collision due to falling bodies.

nateandrebecca said...

Glad that the transition went so smoothly. Good luck with the 6:00 a.m. thing though, and with the mile long to do list...