Monday, May 7, 2007

On Gratitude

I recommend all to re-read Bonnie D. Parkin's talk from this last conference. Gratitude: A Path to Happiness- Here are some of her great words:

"Gratitude requires awareness and effort, not only to feel it but to express it." It's easy to express thanks to all my dear friends!
"As we pray and express gratitude to a loving but unseen Heavenly Father, we are also expressing our faith in Him. Gratitude is our sweet acknowledgment of the Lord's hand in our lives; it is an expression of our faith."
"The kind of gratitude that receives even tribulations with thanksgiving requires a broken heart and a contrite spirit, humility to accept that which we cannot change, willingness to turn everything over to the Lord, even when we do not understand."
"Adversity compels us to go to our knees; does gratitude for adversity do that as well?"
I thought these were compelling words on a Monday morning...I guess I should be grateful for the fact that I have to go exercise now...bummer.

5 comments:

lori said...

mmmm, indeed good motivation.
Do you think walking to the grocery store to buy wipes because we're COMPLETELY out counts as exercise? I think it counts. And maybe we'll call three heaping baskets full of laundry "weight training."
Oh, I love Mondays. Sigh :)

mcampbell said...

I hope you don't mind that I found my way here, Amy Jean! I'm so glad you have a blog--I'm a bit addicted these days, but it makes me feel like I'm still just down the hall from you. Love you.

heath said...

I have to add my 2 bits. I love that you have a blog, and I echo Michelle--I too am a bit addicted to reading these accounts of all my dearest friends. I was at Wes and Lori's on the weekend--we talked about how amazing you guys are. Just wishing you were here!

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm the queen of being addicted...but a healthy dose of the best woman ever is sure better than chocolate right?

love you guys

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is great! I think we should try it. I might just hit the create button and go for it but it might take me a week or so. I love the quote as well. Bonnie Parkin is the best. Mj