Sunday, October 25, 2009

What Happens in Vegas when Gma & Gpa Come for 10 days


  • We go shopping (grocery store, kids clothes, mall)

  • Adam and Rachel get new shoes since they walk better now

  • We eat good food (Famous Dave's, Macayos, Cold Stone, Treasure Island buffet, Mom's cooking)

  • Adam and Rachel get to go outside everyday with Gpa

  • We clean out the kid's room inside and out (but we forget to lower their cribs and we make a big mess in the living room)

  • We track down the mysterious smell in our laundry room and lysol the daylights out of our washing machine (not to mention figure out the smell was most likely a dead mouse)

  • We teach the kids new tricks: (blowing kisses, putting on socks and shoes, the monkey song, walking across the room, signing milk, eating artichokes)

  • We learn new words (Adam: go, uh oh, phone, hello, up) shoes Rachel: yuck, snap, up, uh oh)

  • We let the grandparents take all the pictures and then forget to download them

  • Ryan and I go to his 10 year high school reunion

  • We talk about going to movies but never do

  • We talk about leaving the house but figure out it's too hard
  • Hear the sad news of Caroline Hemming's passing. Love to all her family.

  • We debate every day about taking the kids to the doctor for ear infections.

  • We finally take them on the last day only to find out they don't have any

  • We go to a Halloween party

  • We get free junior frosty's (if you don't have these coupons, you must get them)

  • We go to the airport to get my brother

  • We walk the strip from Spring Mtn to Tropicana only to regret it later (sort of)

  • I go to the U2 concert with brother and friends (totally worth the lack of sleep and traffic)

  • We get new sheets

  • I go to the doctor and finally get someone to fix my throat problem!

  • We ignore friends and most of the things on my To Do list
  • They leave; I get the flu; kids most likely get the flu; further ignoring things on the To Do list

7 comments:

ROAST said...

Sounds like a fun time! Swine flu or regular flu?

heath said...

Fun! Aren't parents great, if for nothing else to just get you motivated to find that dead mouse!

I can't wait to see the kids and hear their new words, btw.

nateandrebecca said...

Sounds fun, and busy.

Heather said...

Packed a lot into 10 days. Sounds like you enjoyed every minute of it until they left and you are stuck sick with kids who will most likely get the flu. Good luck!

Lindsay said...

The only bad thing about having my parents live here now is that they never get to come visit anymore. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. I loved back in the day when they would come visit and stay for a few days and we'd have an excuse to go out to eat and shop and sight see. It's just not the same now that they're in Henderson...even though I know I'm still so lucky. :)
I hope you all are o.k. and recover quickly!

Broderick Clan said...

I'm so glad your parents came to share in your adventures! They are such great people! I hope you are feeling better. I also want to hear about the doctor you went to for your throat problem. In a nut shell we need to catch up!

The Pagets in Florida said...

I feel the pains of picture taking. My mom must have like 200 pictures we don't have or haven't even seen yet.