Monday, June 13, 2011

29 and Counting

Despite my dislike of things that are cliche, I have made my bucket list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. I have been working on the list for awhile, and it was surprisingly hard to come up with 30 (realistic) things I wanted to do. So, more for my sake than anyone else's, is the list...


30 by 30
1.Have a baby if possible (that is a big if)
2. Read Thomas Monson’s biography
3. Write one chapter of a book (to be completed at some point in my life)
4. Go on a cruise
5. Read Great Expectations
6. Go to Disneyland with Michelle (I'm so glad we made that happen, friends!)
7. Visit at least 2 friends I haven't in a long time
8. Have lessons at FHE consistently
9.  Lose at least 5 lbs.
10. Take at least one picture a week *
11. Drive to UT by myself (others can be there, I just have to do the driving)
12. Watch 10 classic movies I haven't seen (any suggestions?)
       Casablanca, To Kill A Mockingbird, Singing in the Rain,
13. Participate in an official race (probably a 5K)
14. Bring gifts to the NICU
15. Do Karaoke
16. Eat Escargot
17. Swim with Dolphins
18. Beat Ryan in Monopoly
19. Make a new friend
20. Finish my painting project
21. Finish my kid’s first year scrapbook
22. Try a new food
23. Learn to cook something new
24. Practice the piano and learn one song by memory (Twinkle Twinkle counts)
25. Update all blogs once a month
26. Start a garden (Pray for my bell pepper plant)
27. Call a family member once a week (my mom doesn't count)
28. Go horseback riding
29. Complete my mormon.org profile
30. Give away a Book of Mormon
*Aaron noticed I didn't have a number 10 originally. I told him he could pick one for me. But then I remembered what  #10 was supposed to be. So I am going to have 
31. Participate in an Eagle Scout project

11 comments:

Nicole said...

I love your list. Things like this inspire me often to do the same so don't be surprised if you see a copycat post on one of my blogs soon. I've got a year and about 2 months before I'm 30 (wow that sounds so soon actually saying it) so I guess I'd better start on that list soon.

Classic movies.... what counts as classic? Maybe Birds or To Kill a Mockingbird.

What sort of book are you wanting to write? I've made writing goals for myself, but they have all dropped off with the madness of life lately. Can't wait to hear more about your success on your 30. I'll especially be praying for you about #1.

ROAST said...

Nice list. Way to have things checked off before you had your list complete as well. I'm getting stressed about my list as my 29th is quickly approaching.

jeanine said...

I wish I had thought to start a list... but 30 happens in just a few short months for me so I don't think it's going to happen.

I hope I am included in that #7... we'd love to have you stay at our new house (if we ever get moved!)

Classic movies? I don't know what you've seen but here are a few good ones: The Best Years of Our Lives, Gone With the Wind, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Harvey, Casablanca, The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, It's a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (I haven't seen this one but it's on my list), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, To Kill a Mockingbird, West Side Story... that should get you started :)

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Way to go! I think I should make a list to complete for my 2013 birthday. And by the way, I read Great Expectations this year on my IPod which was nice as I could read it a page at a time, hear and there. It was a bit hard to get through but I enjoyed it. I like Dickens in general.

heath said...

Did you double-up on #16 and 22? If so, I don't think it counts. Way to finish your list. I'll get there sometime.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments...
no, heath I did not double up. I had figs and Indian food. I'm willing to try more if need be :)

The Pagets in Florida said...

general comments by number:
7. Visit Florida (the panhandle is lovely this time of year)
8. We use the nursery manual and let the kiddos chose a lesson.
9. Good luck
10. What happened to 10?
11. Does St. George count?
12. Pot of Gold - with Jimmy Stewart
23. Deep fried twinkies (opposing 9)
27. We use skype for the cousins to chat. That should count.

Sarah said...

We love your list! I think I will make one, too! I would love to be #7! Iowa is really rather a convenient place to stop by on roadtrips. And, we're only 10 miles away from the birthplace of Captain Kirk...

Stac said...

Yay! So glad you are doing this too! You have some good ones!

Katrina said...

What a great list! Come to Florida for number 7! You know you're welcome any time :) And I promise it won't be boring!

I agree with Aaron on #8; we also use the nursery manual. It's a great time saver and age appropriate for your kiddos.

Sarah said...

Dear Amy,
You inspired me to make my own 30 before 30 list that is still in the works! Thanks for being an awesome, inspiring friend! (It is on my blog if you want to check it out!)