Wednesday, June 22, 2011

They are Three!

We made it through the terrible twos! Which really weren't all that terrible (ok, we had our moments)...
The kids understood a little bit more about birthdays this year. They kept saying it was in 2 weeks (they still do), and Adam wanted pink, and Rachel green. Pink and green what I didn't know, but we figured some stuff out.
I wasn't going to have a big party, or spend a lot of time on a cake, or get them a lot of presents, but...some things just had a mind of their own.

I was proud of myself for having all the presents wrapped and organized a week ahead of time. However...I forgot to mention the (ahem) obvious fact to my husband to not let the children play in the same room with the presents alone. So they (Rachel) opened them all. Adam blamed it all on her, but I don't think he is completely innocent. Sigh. At least we found out if they liked them. And at least we still had a few hidden away. And at least Ryan took pictures.


On their birthday, we took them to Chuck E Cheese. It was so nice to sit and enjoy a meal while the kids took turns giving each other boosts onto the horse ride, and putting the money in for each other. I'm starting to see the perks of having three year olds. Also, Adam got himself completely dressed for the first time. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was backwards. 



Notice his hand on her knee. Too cute!







We were grateful to have friends and family come over to have cake with us. This was the first birthday cake I have made for them without any help from my mother. So...we'll take it as a victory, but definitely do not look too closely at the pictures.







Yes, Adam's bike is the pink one.





My friend talked me into making this sign. Next craft project will be in 2015.

Adam fell asleep clutching his new cars, and Rachel begged for her jammies and fell asleep instantly. I considered that a successful day.

7 comments:

Linda said...

That is hilarious that they found their presents and opened them!! haha! I can't believe they are THREE!!! Holy Smokes! Happy Birthday Rachel and Adam!!

Amy F. P. said...

Three already? Happy birthday Rachel and Adam!

Katrina said...

Happy birthday Adam and Rachel! Looks like they had a great time. And your cake looked great, too!

Rachel B. said...

Ha. Love the "next craft project in 2015." It's super cute! I'm a nerd and love all those banner type things! Happy birthday to your adorable big kids!! And they opened all the presents? Hilarious.

The Pagets in Florida said...

Now I am feeling old.

Sarah said...

Wow, Happy Birthday!! That is so funny that they found the spoils early! Good work on the cake and banner!

jeanine said...

I can't believe they are three! Happy birthday Adam and Rachel!