Sunday, January 20, 2013

Disney on Ice

Rachel and I had a special surprise date together. I took her to see Disney on Ice. I admit I think I was more excited than she was. I'm not sure the show was really that spectacular or worth the money, but being with Rach E definitely was. When we were standing in line, she saw the poster for the show and threw her arms around me and said, "I love you Mommy!" She spent the whole show either eating snacks or with her hand on my knee and I loved every minute of it! And I love her personality--while she definitely loved the show and I saw the sparkle in her eye several times, she also was able to point out the issues with trying to portray Disney magic on ice skates. During Cinderella she would say, "That's not what the Prince sounds like." And during Rapunzel she noticed, "Her hair is not glowing." Or during Princess and the Frog, "That's not really a boat." It cracked me up! It might seem like such a simple thing to spend time with just her, but it's really only happened about twice in four years. So I was very very grateful for the opportunity-even though it meant I was extra sleep deprived the next day!




2 comments:

jeanine said...

What a fun little date! Rich took me to Disney on Ice for my birthday when we were first married. I thought it was lots of fun! I love all of Rachel's commentary :)

heath said...

Oh good, I'm glad we didn't miss out too much. For some reason I keep feeling like we should be going to Disney on Ice and we never do. I suppose it would be more fun with kiddos anyway.