Tuesday, June 18, 2013

When Gma Comes...

My mom came to town for a few days in May. It was really great to have some extra help. It meant we could spend some time with our big kids...

Friday I took Adam on a date. We went mini golfing and to Yogurtland and to Barnes and Noble. My memory card was full, so I don't have any pictures, but it was a blast to watch him golf and to hear him say, "Come on, let's go to the next level! (hole)".  On "level" 10, he got a hole in 1. On "level" 12, he whacked some poor girl in the mouth with his club accidentally. No blood, or missing teeth. Whew!

Ryan took Rachel to the mini grand prix. Oh my goodness, she LOVED it!

On Saturday, we switched. I giggled to hear that Rachel also called the holes, "levels". And she loved getting into the car via the driver's seat. And we went to Michael's where instead of picking out a craft, she found a really creepy orange princess doll. She loves it, and it was cheap, so oh well.

I thought that spending one on one time with the kids would maybe help them to not fight, or act out as much. I'm not sure it accomplished anything, but it sure made me realize that (1 kid is sooo easy!)  Although if you have one kid, don't take offense--your life is hard too :)










And what was Gma doing while we were gone doing all of this fun stuff? Smashing our pet crab from our fish tank! But do you blame her? Wouldn't you have thought that was a large spider heading toward the babies bedroom ready to strike?! 




We tried to let the kids sleep in the same room while she was here...it didn't work :)

 
Check out that s'more. Like father, like daughter :)

4 comments:

heath said...

I love you guys. Love the outings you went on. And I think you need to have a chat with Adam about swinging things (at least the golf club didn't have a blade!).

lori said...

Gold star parenting! Your kids will love these memories!!

jeanine said...

What fun little dates! Those are my favorite times

Jeff and Jill said...

wow, that "mallow" is golden! Dare I say it's better than ryan's maybe?