Thursday, August 7, 2014

Disney Days

 School ended, I broke my foot, I had my birthday, and the next day--we went to Disneyland for 5 days...I was dreading it. I was hoping Ryan would change his mind and we wouldn't go. I didn't even pack until the morning we left. And then we got a flat tire and had to change it at a hot dog stand parking lot.
But honestly, once we got through that drama--it was a really great trip.

We just had to be a little creative. I wasn't allowed to put any weight on my foot without the boot so I had to sleep by the bathroom so I could easily hop to and from it in the morning. I went swimming once but after crawling out and being freezing cold while I got my boot on I decided that wasn't such a fun option. And of course how were we going to manage walking around the parks with four children?

It's called Dad pushing Mom while Mom pushes stroller and six year olds walk the entire time :)  It didn't look pretty but it got the job done. I actually did get to rent an electric wheelchair one of the days so that was awesome.





Brooke was scared of Small World...I don't blame her :)

 First time on Gadget's Go Coaster...they have now gone on every ride at Disneyland except Indiana Jones
 

 

 Our Brooke LOVES slides...she went on this over and over and over :)



 
 











 And then there was the story of Walt's Apartment. Wherein we spent a lot of money on a tour that would end in Walt Disney's fire station apartment.  Wherein four kids didn't make a peep during the walking/touring/lunch parts yet yelled and screamed the entire time in Walt's apartment. If you look at this picture you see a very happy family who just had a once in a lifetime experience. If you were there though you know the caption would read, "I hate my kids, I hate my kids" :)




 Look at these faces though...we forgave them :)



















 Our favorite place in California Adventure...The Wilderness Explorer Camp





 



















 

 





 Not something you see everyday, but That's How We Roll


 











 I need to pay someone to go through all of our old photos and find all of the castle pictures and put them in a book for me...we've got quite the collection :)
 
 Another first this trip was that I broke my rule and let the kids get bubble guns (I HATE bubbles). They had a blast with them and now they are in the trash.







 




 The best moment for me was watching this guy dance to Elvis with his kids...he's really good about showing them about the important things in life...it's kinda why I put up with him :)



1 comment:

jeanine said...

You are the best sport to go with a broken foot. Seriously. I don't think I could do it! Glad it was all worth it!