Tuesday, January 15, 2008

And the winner is...


Anyone who thought that I would become a Primary Worker.


That's right. The new calling is in. I am now teaching the CTR 7A class which are kids turning 7 this year.


The last time I even set foot in the primary room on a Sunday was 4 years ago. It definitely took me awhile to get used to the noise, and the constant waves of motion and the chaos. I don't handle chaos very well. But this is why I am grateful that my class consists of 6 very quiet and well behaved children. (you know, quiet and well behaved for being 6).


You might think that after YW pres this would be a piece of cake for me. But not so. I have great fears of little children and the fact that they very well may be smarter than me.


But such fears were dispelled a little when after I completed my first crayon drawing in years, all of the kids copied my picture. Who knew that little kids could give you such an ego boost!


I am officially on my own this Sunday, and I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to "wing" my lessons quite as well as I could with a group of giggling adolescent girls. Nor will I be able to gossip about boys. So...if anyone has any great ideas for me....Help!

10 comments:

Livingstons said...

Wow...that's one of those callings that I fear as well and the same calling that my mom received right after she told the bishop, "I'm great with anyone over 12." You could still gossip about boys, but I think that age still repeats a lot of stuff, so it might get back to Ryan.

The Pagets in Florida said...

good luck. I would have been more worried about teaching the class of giggling girls... They talk back.

mcampbell said...

Congrats, Amy! I love thinking of you with those little 'uns. You'll be great.

I'm calling soon. Really.

Rachel B. said...

Yeah, so do I win a prize for guessing right? That's a fun age though because they're just so hilarious! The things that come out of their mouths. I bet those kids adore you. I remember loving my primary teachers and thinking they were just so cool.

Mizukawa's said...

Amy so it wasn't as long. Well I know you will do great. And I know that they are smarter than me.

Lindsay said...

What fun! My only callings in Primary have been in the nursery and as the Activity Days leader. I don't have much experience with the 6-turning-7-year-olds, but I have to agree with the above: they are hilarious...especially if they're anything like the 8-11 year-old Activity Days girls I've worked with. The things that come out of their mouths...to die for. You'll be great! And yes, they will most certainly love you!

lori said...

So excited for you!
What I love about teaching primary kids: you don't have to be cool, smart, or funny to be successful. You just have to LOVE THEM and then they LOVE YOU back. It's the best ever.
You'll be SO FABULOUS!

jeanine said...

Yea! I taught the CTR 7 class a few years back. I loved it! The greatest thing about them is that they LOVE their teacher. Good luck!

Heather said...

You will do awesome. Now coming from someone who is in desperate need of primary teachers, I believe that you will be wonderful in that calling and that you will love it. (Would you mind moving to Utah and then when I am released you can move back!) I will admit that they love their teachers and are sad when they have to move on to the next class. Good luck and if you have any great ideas for lessons or sharing time, please send them my way!

Alaina said...

Congratulations! I think you'll be totally great at it. And love it, too.