Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"Blog Something"

Ryan said to me last night.

"You blog something," I retorted.

"I'm not the writer around here."

???? For those of you who have read anything Ryan has written (christmas letter, school paper, email, or phone message) you know that's not true.

But neither one of us have "blogged something" because quite frankly, life has been boring around here. We are definitely still in holiday mode.

But if you really must know what has been going on in the Fitzgibbons family, here is a taste:
  • Wehave taken turns being sick
  • We have taken turns taking care of the other while they've been sick
  • I have been going to church carrying only my scriptures and a pen
  • We have been introduced to Guitar Hero and may never go back
  • I have 2 new year's resolutions (to organize my photos from the last 3 years, and to clean out my closets that I haven't touched since we moved in) Ryan is working on his resolution (see letter 2007)
  • we have no new callings, jobs, travel plans, friends, or shoes

But despite being boring-we have spent the new year being very grateful for our blessings and the calm that is our life right now. So if you can still stand to be our friends after knowing how pathetic we are, feel free to comment--Happy 08!

10 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, I am sorry you all were sick.
I wouldn't worry about January. It isn't usually an exciting month anyway.

The Wehrmeister's said...

just so you know I like it when you blog anything, even if you think it's nothing.
Jen

The Pagets in Florida said...

My brother made a new years resolution a while back to never make another new years resolution again. He is still keeping it. It sounds pretty good to me.

Lindsay said...

Just about everyone I know got the gift of sickness for Christmas. Hope you're well-recovered by now!

Also, my 16-year-old brother attempted to introduce me to Guitar Hero while I was at home. The result? He loves it so much he invested in a real electric guitar the last day we were there, and meanwhile there is apparently absolutely no future in guitar performance for me.

Livingstons said...

What are you going to do the rest of the year? Kidding. You two are so entertaining even if you're playing Guitar Hero 24/7. We just shake our heads and laugh...

Kate said...

Oh I know how you feel! Sometimes life is predictably calm and boring, but that is sometimes a needed break! and then sometimes you just don't feel like blogging. (I was having one of those moments when I came back from our Christmas adventures...and I kinda still am, but I blog to make my mom happy!)

I'm happy you are having a good time laying low...and p.s. I really want to try Guitar Hero...We may be the last people on planet earth who haven't yet!

Heather said...

Guitar Hero, hear it is great, haven't thought about playing it but perhaps we will in the next year, once we completely finish Super Mario Galaxy! (have you done that one yet?)

lori said...

love you guys! Just glad to know you're alive and being you!!

Tons of snow today. Missed our mattress sledding friends!

Anonymous said...

Wait, all I do is go to work and come home...then I read your blog. I am seriously concerned about who I am going to live vicariously through now?

jeanine said...

Glad that you are feeling better... it's the pits being sick. Guitar hero is fun. Rich mocked it when it first came out--and then he played it. He LOVES it! Oh and good luck with your resolutions... I should make the same two for myself!