Thursday, July 10, 2008

Can't Wait

Well, it has been a good day, and I can't wait until Sunday to post another update. When we got to the hospital yesterday the first thing the nurse said was, "You can see their faces!" We hadn't met her before, and I wasn't sure what she meant at first. But then when we looked it become apparent. They no longer have their "nose tubes!" So now the only thing on their face is their feeding tube which they will have I think until right before they come home. But...we were able to celebrate this news with the chance to hold them together again, and put them in their first outfits from home. Today I was able to visit them for the first time all by myself and I was grateful for the chance for some Mom and baby bonding time. We are counting our blessings today. Let's just pray that they continue.


(Is anyone in my fam reminded of someone we all know and love in this pic?)
In case you can't tell, her onesie says, "Baby Fitz". Adam is wearing one too, but we didn't get a picture before he was swaddled again. Thanks Allison, for their cute clothes that actually almost fit!

Adam put his hand on his cheek and slept this way the entire time I was holding him, and after we put him back too!

The closest they've been since the womb! And just for you, Jenny-Rachel is on the left and Adam is on the right. (okay, it's for me too-I have been known to occasionally mix up my children.)


19 comments:

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I am so glad you did not wait to post! What gorgeous pictures. They look so much bigger and are so very cute. And you all look very happy.I miss you all so much - it is torture not being there for every minute!

Kate said...

They are looking so healthy and strong! They are beautiful! Your family looks so happy. Keep the updates coming when you have the time I love to see and read how you are doing.

lori said...

Hooray for new pictures. Loved talking last night. Can't wait to see you all in person!

jeanine said...

Yea! I love the new pictures... especially with Adam sleeping with his hand to his face. Precious! Glad to hear that they continue to progress!

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

I have to say, this week has been a bad week that tops all bad weeks (work stuff you could not imagine). But seeing her in that cute little onesie just makes me oober happy. And yes, the newborn one does almost fit...and will probably almost fit for another two months or so. :) Then they can move onto the bigger ones I sent, and I can't wait to see them in those!

mcampbell said...

They look great! Thanks for the updates. I love seeing them.

Looking forward to seeing you and your babies in a few weeks.

Amy F. P. said...

What beautiful babies. It's fun to be able to see their little faces better. Glad things are continuing to go well.

Heather said...

Love them and they keep getting cuter each time you put new pictures. You also look great!

Kayla said...

You all look so good and happy and right! I love it. I'm glad to hear that things are going well.

Chrissy said...

How exciting! I am so glad they are doing so good!! And I would love to hang out!!

Anonymous said...

Now they look like real babies. Darling, cute, little, cuddly babies. The family pictures are the best. Keep growing, kids.

Mizukawa's said...

Amy
Wow what a ride you have been on. But looking at your Beautiful Family I can't help but smile with so much happiness for you!!! Thanks for letting us share this with you.

Livingstons said...

Is that the pie trick Rachel's doing? We love them, just so bite size...

heath said...

The pic with Rachel looking up at Ryan is priceless (I'm pretty sure it's Rachel). Love all the pics! Yay for no more breathing tubes--way to go guys!

The Pagets in Florida said...

At least they are a boy and a girl. You will have a clear way to distinguish between them.

Ron said...

Glad to hear everything continues to go well with the little ones. We're pulling for you out here in the desert.

The Wehrmeister's said...

Amy you look great! They are adorable too (of course), but you look like you are recovering well. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

CL/Dad said...

In reference to the picture of Rachel with 2 arms raised above her head, I recognize the coaching from the other side of the veil from a great grandmother who has undoubtedly been giving her some tips about how to enjoy life while she is here. And thanks to your blog, the great grandfather is now able to connect to Adam and Rachel as well and understands better who they are and appreciates getting this chance to see your family pictures. He was very excited to get the chance to see these pictures today.

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad to hear that your sweet babies are doing so well!