Sunday, December 18, 2011

Nursery Graduation

 Today was our kids' last day of nursery at church. Starting in January, they will officially be in the Sunbeam class. (I know--how did that happen?) So today, they had a little graduation. And yes, I cried the instant I saw them.
"Okay, I'll wear this and I'll go to this thing, but I don't have to be happy about it."

"I'll do anything for a sunbeam cookie"



"Yes, I'm still wearing this."

Adam gets his certificate from the Bishop

"Oh, finally someone gave me something I can play with"



I have shy kids, but I'm so glad that I have the only kid who will sing. We could hear Adam and one other kid while the rest stared blankly during their performance


6 comments:

nateandrebecca said...

Wow! That is one fancy graduation ceremony for nursery...I don't think I have ever seen such a fancy nursery graduation before.

lori said...

What? Your ward does full out robes for nursery grads! Ha!! That makes me laugh and laugh! (You little ones are darling...I loved little miss stoic)

heath said...

Wow, that is one ambitious primary presidency, I'll tell you what! Love the picture of Rachie with her certificate up to her eye like a telescope. And wish there was a video of Adam singing . . .

Amy F. P. said...

That's the most elaborate nursery graduation I've seen. Robes and everything! That is nice that they do that though. I think it helps with the transition. I wish they did some sort of graduation in our ward.

jeanine said...

I agree with Amy! It makes it seem to official! That is awesome!

The Pagets in Florida said...

They won't let ours graduate until after the new year. I don't get it really. Though, I am not sure I get where you got graduation gowns or where we would get 17+ of them.