Sunday, April 28, 2013

Memory Lane Ep 6

April 28, 2002--
I met Ryan (and Wes) for the first time 11 years ago. It was just a normal Sunday in our BYU student ward. But there were these two new boys. I didn't want to be a part of the group of girls obviously wanting to be noticed by them. But I couldn't shake the feeling that I was supposed to talk to them. I forgot about it until I found myself walking home and the group behind me started to catch up. It's rare that I hear the Spirit speak to me in an audible voice. But this was one of those times. "Turn around and introduce yourself."  So I did. It was as simple as that. 
"Hi, I'm Amy."
"Ryan"
"Wes"
"It's nice to meet you." 

That was it. And that might have been all there was. But then we all decided to play frisbee the next day and the rest was history, as they say. There were several weeks of stupid BYU flirting (Ryan working his thunder, Wes as the wingman) before our first official date, but I think I knew that my life had forever changed.

"I Should've Known Better" performed by Apt 3
May 3, 2002

Saturday morning cartoons
May 11, 2002
It's 11 years later. And it's another normal Sunday. We went for a walk and ended up playing frisbee. Watching Ryan with our kids made me really glad that I listened to the Spirit. And I like to think that Wes was there too-still acting as wingman. 

3 comments:

Jeff and Jill said...

aww, makes me cry! That's really sweet

jeanine said...

I don't think I ever knew this story. I love it!! (I missed out on SO much by not sticking around that summer!)

I love that first picture... what ever happened to Jeff Stevens?

nateandrebecca said...

That is a great story! I don't think I knew that either!

I seriously miss playing frisbee like we did at Southridge. And I am also wondering now what happened to Jeff...