Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Year's con't

We ended our Provo festivities just in enough time to head to Payson and ring in the new year with the Truman's. This may or may not have been at midnight, but it was a fun celebration for sure :)










And then it was even better to wake up and spend the day with these friends:
Not pictured-the napping Lizzie, Brooke and Erica
We've come a long way since our college days. We've dealt with joy and sorrow-birth and death-and I'm so thankful we've been able to do it together :) 

And I'm thankful for Lucy being such a good baby entertainer and introducing us to the charm that is Frozen music.



 We said good-bye in a nostalgic and entertaining way. Rock, Paper, Scissors for punishment. The punishment? Harry Potter jelly beans! I thought the kids would wimp out right away, but you should have seen them keep coming back for more and more dirt, earthworm, earwax, soap, etc. We only had two rejects. The rest were nobly chewed and swallowed all while declared NOT good.  It was the most fun I've had in a long time.
 Thanks for having us Trumans! We will try to catch the rest of you next time :)

3 comments:

jeanine said...

Oh I'm so super jealous! What a great way to ring in the new year!

lori said...

Those beans!! Did I tell you that Lucy was throwing up all the next day?? I think it was a legitimate bug, but she kept saying "I hate those wizard beans!" It was really sad at the time but makes me kind of laugh now =) That was a classic ending to the holiday =) Miss you guys tons!

nateandrebecca said...

I'm a bit jealous too...wish we could have been there and seen you guys. Glad you had fun though!