Sunday, March 2, 2014

Saturday is a Special Day...

...the day we get ready for Sunday....and cram everything else possible in!  I definitely don't want to have a day like this again for a long long time!

March 1
6 :30-8am Get up and prep RS lesson (because I'm dreaming about it anyway)
8-9: Eat breakfast and pack up the car with sports equipment and diaper bag. Ry goes to work for an all day tutoring class
9-9:50: Hockey game (Brooke stays in stroller, erica doesn't run away too much-actually get to watch Adam a little bit)
9:50-10: get Adam changed into regular clothes and get everyone in car. Check email on my phone. notice the T-ball schedule. He has practice right now!  Skip getting smoothies and head to the park
10-10:45- Adam goes to T-ball practice sans equipment (his glove was in the car the whole time though :( and I entertain girls in car with snacks and a trip to the bathroom. Erica slept for a little while thank goodness
10:45 Spring Adam out of T-ball a little early (didn't matter cause he didn't have a helmet) and head to
11:00 gymnastics  The playground was open and the girls were entertained.
11:45 end gymnastics and change into ballet and diaper changes
12:00-12:45 Rachel at ballet Get Adam's help on playground until he's bored and then send him to the game room, "by myself?!"
12:45 Collect everybody and race to the car. Adam has melt down in parking lot and gets promised Jack in the Box. he closes his eyes and tries to sleep right away
1-1:30 drive through Jack in the Box (I get a much deserved soda!) and ask if the babies are sleeping (please stay awake till we get home!)

1:30-2:00 Change babies and put them down for a long nap Yeah! make Rachel a pbj cause she didn't want anything at JintheB. Finally get to eat my salad in peace!

2:30-3:30-put big kids in front of screens while I shower and do a load of laundry and dishes
3:30-4:30- big kids play outside nicely (bribed with cupcakes friend dropped off) and I prepped my lesson. I had to find food coloring which led to me cleaning out my spice cupboard (can we say 6 canisters of baking powder?!) and then I had to get my purse and diaper bags ready for the night so I cleaned out about 4 random bags
4:30-5:30  Get babies up and changed and fed and put off trying to decide what to give them for dinner
5:30-8: Melissa comes to babysit and I leave her to deal with the dinner problem. Drop off a gift to the girl whose baby shower I missed earlier in the day. Head to BJ's for another baby shower. Almost go to the wrong location and Leave my wallet in the car so have to get my friend's to pay and take off early to send Melissa home
8-8:30 hug and kiss kiddos goodnight
8:30-9:30 talk to mom on phone and gather up lesson and diaper bags for next day
9:30-10:30 wash face, jammies, and climb into bed. write in kid's baby journals cause it's been 6 months
10:30-11:30-catch up with Ryan and start planning vacations and tell him all of the funny things the kids have been doing. Like:

Adam, while telling Rachel how he was born: "I'm the only one who didn't get cut". R: "Well, how did you come out?" A: "I don't know, I just found a way!"

And Rachel while naming animals in a book, "Lola, Snuggles, adadkadkf, Bitch..." !!

11:30--fall asleep knowing I deserve it!

The pictures are in reverse order but I don't care!




















3 comments:

nateandrebecca said...

Wow. That sounds way too crazy. I hope that you don't have very many days like this!

heath said...

Man, I'm starting to feel like you won't have time to see us next time we come to visit. Time to start yanking the kids out of activities, ok? Just kidding--I'm sure they are learning lots and having lots of fun by being in them.

jeanine said...

Just reading that made me feel tired! You are super mom!