Monday, March 31, 2014

Lately

I feel so behind on everything. The big kids are growing up and saying all sorts of funny things and learning all of the time. And so are the babies. Cause that's what they do. But I feel remiss that I haven't done an update lately.

Brooke and Erica are 16+ months. They are full fledge walking and running and climbing. They are off their bottles and eat and drink like normal people. Erica is the only one really saying anything with "uh oh" being at the top of the charts. (She says it like uh ah). Brooke was 17% weight and 12% height at her last appointment so yeah, she loves food. But she's surprisingly picky--she won't touch my pancakes but Erica scarfs them.  I admit that this is one of the hardest stages that they've been in and I'm barely holding it together at the end of the day. But it is also so fun. The big kids are such a big help to me. They hold a baby's hand in parking lots, they pick up the sippy cups after they've been thrown on the floor a million times. Rachel came in to me today to say that Brooke had money in her mouth. It's definitely a life saver to have them. And they do lock themselves in their own rooms to play sans babies, but they are so patient with them and kind. Adam has melted down a few times after school papers have gotten ripped up but he gets over it pretty fast. I honestly look around everyday and wonder how I got the four best kids ever. They really are. Rachel especially has been the sweetest girl to me--she helps with no questions and covers me with a blanket on the couch and gives the biggest best hugs you would ever believe. I am dying to spend some one on one time with my boy because he really needs it. But he has also been so good. He remembers everything and he wants to learn everything right now. I am loving that they are in kindergarten, but I am really looking forward to summer so that we can just play and talk and be less hectic. And I have been really looking forward to 1st grade because man I need some more time to get stuff done around here. But then I started thinking about how much I will miss. I want them to still think that I have all the answers and am their favorite person.
Ryan has been so busy with tutoring and teaching but it has been a good thing. He really loves his company and his classes and it makes it worth feeling alone most nights to see him so happy and fulfilled. So really--lately, we have been good. Really good. And hopefully it will stay that way for awhile! If Erica doesn't kill herself by falling off all the stuff she finds to climb :)






Sorry for the crazy picture...Adam has his first loose tooth with the new one already growing in

Wranglers Hockey Game

Bike riding after school 

I'll have to put this video on You Tube and post it...Adam made napkin roses for the girls at school

I'll have to post this one too, but the kids are doing great with reading :)

This wasn't on Pi(e) 

Craig Ranch park is great...just not with wandering toddlers!



How we roll at church

Adam did her hair one day...he was so proud
 Thanks to Jeanine we went to the BYU ballet. The kids got to dress up. So glad we went...but definitely wasn't as kid friendly as was advertised :)


Rachel got ice stuck to her tongue just like in "A Christmas Story". She actually panicked for a second

love costco for its double carts...wish more stores had them!

Wanted his picture taken because "the girls always get pictures"

 Ryan took RachE to a "daddy daughter dance". I have never heard her so excited or happy about anything. She loved the whole night!









All four rushed to him when he got home one night. Usually they are asleep when he gets home so this was a fun moment for us

Brooke's first selfie


Add caption



Visited great grandparents for V day

 saw the Harlem globetrotters




Free Yogurtland Day

My bro gave us a funnel cake maker for Christmas...awesome :)



We make pancakes every Sunday...love 1pm church :)

Locals got to go up the Stratosphere for free so we went :)
Whew, all caught up...kinda...for now :)

2 comments:

heath said...

Holy cow, you guys have been busy doing fun things. Love the Daddy Daughter Dance pics. What a fun, special evening.

Jeff and Jill said...

Okay, this is probably my favorite blog post in your history of posts. I can't put my finger on what exactly I LOVE about it. I guess I would describe it as, "real". Real life, that is. The pictures are a peek into how much I love those kids and how great of parents you guys are (ie; looks like Ry bought Rachey a rose for the daddy daughter dance. Makes me want to cry for how sweet that is and what's that's teaching her). I love how the pictures show how much you all do together as a family. And holy cow...that picture of Wookey drinking out of a straw...such skill and focus! Not to mention the unmistakable fact of how much Rachey and Adam are truly best of friends. I have noticed that more and more lately, even though I'm not with them all the time, I can see it so clearly. Thanks for the post. Love you guys