Thursday, August 16, 2007

Missionary Moment?

Okay, so this might be one of those "you had to have been there" stories, but I thought it was hilarious!

Story 1: So Ryan was nice enough to go with me as priesthood on our YW camping over nighter last weekend (yes, we did go camping again with the girls 2 weeks after girls camp). It was a nice night except for one girl falling down the mountain...but that's another story. On the way home after a long night, one of our leader's needed help with her car. Before Ryan could get over there, a girl on a biking trail stopped to help. Well it turns out this girl is someone that Ryan dated in High School...(I am so bummed I stayed in the car and didn't get to meet her). Anyway, they exchanged the normal pleasantires and Ry gave her one his business cards to fulfill the standard, "We should hang out sometime" that we know will not ever happen....

Story 2: Our Young Women girls meet with the RS for Opening Exercises every week. They started a Missionary Moment where people could share experiences about the new Truth Restored program. After one sister shared, I heard my girls behind me whispering, "Sis. Fitz, Sis. Fitz." "You should tell about your husband." "You know something I don't" was my confused reply. "He gave a pass along card to that girl on the bike that stopped to help us yesterday!" The pride was so evident in their voices-I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth.

So, my sweet husband is now known among my YW as a great missionary...little do they know...

but to make up for it...we encourage all to go to mormon.org/truthrestored Maybe that counts as our missionary moment for the week :)

10 comments:

jeanine said...

Too funny! I wouldn't have the heart to tell them either!
By the way, how do you like meeting with the RS? We do the same thing...

Unknown said...

I love it...way less stressful for me on Sundays...except I don't like when we conduct..but our girls are willing to say prayers and stuff which I think is a miracle!

Alaina said...

Hahahaha I'm glad you didn't ruin their vision of him. And you are a nice wife, I'd probably be really jealous (and I'm not really the jealous type, I think?) if Kurt gave his business card to a former gf...

YES come visit! Call me or write me! Beck & I were talking about a little couples trip down to Vegas, maybe, too...

Anonymous said...

Oh that is hilarious! You are right, I do not think that I would have told them either. Makes me wonder if I should have the church website written on the back of all my business cards? Then I can do two things at once......

Unknown said...

allison...that's actually a really good idea...

alaina...ryan wakes up in the night over nightmares of being married to someone else...so maybe normally I would be jealous but not anymore...and yes, please come to Vegas! Anytime...and i emailed you about Utah...

lori said...

I LOVE this story. Too cute! Can't wait to read it to Wes! (P.S. - we love the truth resored program!! How cool is that!?)
Can't wait to see you sooo soon! Oh, I'm also wondering...do you know Jill's class schedule? We're looking for someone to watch Lucy on Tuesday afternoon and Friday afternoon (both or either)...We thought we'd ask her, but if you know that she for sure has class on those days,we won't bother her about it! Thanks! Love you! Your writing is so clever!

Anonymous said...

I just realized I work for a State University, I am not sure they would go for it....but....when I do not work for TTU I could probably do it. :)

Lindsay said...

Business cards...pass along cards....You mean there's a difference? :)

heath said...

Oh yeah, so how did Ryan's lesson go?

nateandrebecca said...

That is so funny!