Friday, August 31, 2007

Memory Lane

I am sitting in a quiet hotel room in Springville after spending a lovely evening with some of the best people in the world, and I am incredibly tired, but I just have to say that I am so thankful for my life and the people in it and the experiences who have made me who I am.

Memory Lane is the theme Ryan chose for his proposal to me, and since it has been a theme throughout our marriage... My favorite quote on this subject is something along the lines of

"God gave us memories so that we could have roses in the Decembers of our lives"

I have recently taken many trips down memory lane as I have encountered:

  • blogs of so many old and new friends
  • get togethers with many of these same friends
  • a stack of pictures from junior high given to me by a lifelong friend

Throughout these sojourns to the past I have concluded that:

  • my life has been fabulous
  • I have so many dear friends and family that I wouldn't trade for anything
  • I have made mistakes, but I have learned how to grow from them
  • I don't know what real tragedy is, but I do know what a truly broken heart feels like, and I also know what it's like for one to be healed
  • If I could go back, I would do some things differently, but not enough to change who I am today
Present Lane

In the present I am very content with life. I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time or space to do it, ( I have a list of things that MUST get done in September) but that it really doesn't matter. I have everything I need and more...and I could write an entire post of what I am grateful for today.

Future Lane
This one is pretty fuzzy and very scary. But the good thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. So...my future path tomorrow is leading me to the BYU vs. Arizona football game and I am very excited about that.

Sorry if this post is stupid-I'm very tired. And...I just have to tell Ryan that I love and miss him a lot!

3 comments:

CL/Dad said...

Amy, You are the rose for my memory. Nice bonus that the Y won the football game.

lori said...

this is sweet, Am!

Alaina said...

I was so glad to see you! Thanks for the fun lunch.