Saturday, September 1, 2007

September 1st

For several years now, the date of September 1st has had significant meaning for me. So as it comes around again this year I would like to post about what Sept. 1 means to me this year:

Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to my dear Gpa Livingston (84-right?) and my dear friend Lori (26)! Hopefully the two of you will forgive me for sharing ages...





Beginnings:
Although I am not enrolled in school anymore, I still get a thrill from freshly sharpened pencils and clean white planners each September. I roam the school supply aisles just as eagerly as any new kindergartner. So although I do not need to plan my reading, writing, and arithmetic, I still love to start over on September 1 and make it my own personal New Year's Day. This year, I did get to visit my Alma Mater and attend the first BYU football game against Arizona. We won 20-7...Go Cougars!



Babies:

This year September 1 marks 3 years of infertility for Ryan and me. However, instead of being sad and full of self-pity I have instead decided to focus on

Blessings:

I have a dear niece who is turning 8 this year. I was told recently that during one family prayer she said something to the effect of: "Please bless Uncle Ryan and Aunt Amy that they can have a baby. But if they can't, please help them know that they still have us."

Annette-I hope you don't mind that I shared this on here, but I wanted to publicly announce how much that meant to me. So I now have to take the time to brag about who I have:

Annette Meredith Livingston: almost 8 years old and one of the most talented and sweetest girls that ever did live. Here she is as the star of her school play.
James Kevin Livingston: almost 7 years old--he was one of the sweetest babies and still has the most wonderful sympathy for all around him. He is the most fun boy.


Tate Calvin Livingston: (3) whose little voice melts my heart every time I hear it. He will no doubt break many hearts.


Davis Eric Livingston: (1 yr next month) Look at that smile...need I say more?

Thank you,dear ones, for adding joy to my life. And thanks to your parents who have raised you to be so great! Cannot wait to see most of you next month!

Thanks for this indulgence...who knows what next September 1st will bring, but I say-Bring it on!






9 comments:

jeanine said...

Your neice and nephews are just too cute... and lucky too to have you for an aunt. And the prayer was precious!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

What a lovely blod. I am still getting the hang of this. Amy happens to be one of my very favorite people - definetly in my top 4. Being able to count blessings in the midst of trial is huge! What a class act! I also happen to really like the blessings she is counting here - my gorgeous grandkids!
Reading this gives me an uncontrolable urge to go buy school supplies! So far I have resisted unless you count scrapbook supplies which is now my weakness! Love, Mj (Mom)

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I wish this blog had spell checker.....

Unknown said...

don't worry mom--i loved your comment on my blod :)

lori said...

I'm flattered to be featured in this delightful post!!

Love to see the faces of those darling kids! Love the pic of you and Nora at the game! Love your faith and optimism! Trying, hard as ever, to learn from your example!

heath said...

Amy, can I say once again how good it was to have you in town! I can hardly wait for Reunion Las Vegas!

Alaina said...

Ohhh I love your nieces prayer. That's awesome. Thanks for showing us how to count blessings instead of trials. I'm working HARD on that one - being content, being at peace. You're a rockin' example.

CL/Dad said...

I am sure Gpa appreciated seeing you and the recognition of the birthday. This entry is a favorite. What is your favorite season of the year? For Gma L. it was Fall with all the colors so I am sure she would like this post as well.

Unknown said...

Spring for me...hence a May anniversary when all others in the family prefer August :)