Thursday, October 25, 2007

And the winner is...

Apparently Florida since Aaron padded the votes.
But we were pleasantly surprised at the number of mid-west votes. You all know that I love it there. We may have to be a little closer to the business, but you never know where life will take you...especially when you're married to Ryan!

Thanks for participating everybody! We wish we could live by all of you!

Life has been very busy for us lately-but hopefully I will be able to come up with a decent post soon. And...any or all willing hands are welcome to come down the weekend of Nov. 3 to help with our tree...Ry is expecting me to be awake for 72 hrs. Like that's going to happen :)

8 comments:

The Pagets in Florida said...

What tree? I know that Vegas is a desert. Maybe it is the lone neighborhood shade tree. Or you are trying to get a jump on christmas. I don't get how this adds up to 72 hours.

heath said...

So, will there be a Christmas party? I really want to try and come this year. Keep us posted on that tree.

lori said...

Ah, the tree! Can't wait for Christmas!!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Oh, you uninformed Pagets! The tree is a giant evergreen in their front yard. Ryan rents a cherry picker and covers the tree with hundreds of lights. It is the talk of the town! And they had to rewire their house to keep from blowing up appliances and outlets. And this year we get to see it live!!!

The Pagets in Florida said...

how about a little webcasting action for those of us a little farther away than the radiance of those lights will penetrate... not to mention the curvature of the earth... unless it is a really really tall tree.

The Pagets in Florida said...

Okay, you can call me a nerd if you want, but I figured out that if I wanted to see the top of the tree, not calculating for the atmosphere which could reduce this height, the tree would need to be at least 141.75 miles tall or 748452 feet tall or 831.61 football fields on end tall. This is with a generous rounding down to keep this number smaller.

Unknown said...

haha-don't worry-as soon as it is done, I will post a picture in all of its glory. I don't do math, but I do know that you can see it from about a 1/2 mile away :) we started fixing it last night...there is a change this year, but I don't want to tell the story yet in case it doesn't work out...let's just say that ca isn't the only place with fire...but don't worry mom-we're okay :)

heath-yes we are having a party! 21/22 ish? we're not sure yet but we'll let everybody know~

mcampbell said...

I don't care WHO padded WHAT votes.

C.a.l.i.f.o.r.n.i.a.

hhmmmmmppph.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!