Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"I'm perfect, and you're not!"

These are the words spoken by Ryan directly after his baptism-his self proclaimed first sin after becoming clean. This funny anecdote was shared this weekend when we had the privilege of going to Detroit to attend our niece Annette's baptism. We had a wonderful time with many family members. Highlights include:
  • Flights with family members (in the A group of course)
  • Blurs of kids and voices as they ran to the door to greet us
  • Timid knocks and whispers of "can we come in yet?" in the early morning
  • Dress Shopping and "What Not to Wear" advising
  • Chuck E Cheese!
  • Awards Won (Congrats to Kevin for Building of the Year)
  • Conference watching and new callings fulfilled
  • Present Opening
  • Game Playing (wrestling, magic tricks, legos, and uno)
  • Goodnight Kisses
  • Family Prayer
  • Tears shed over spiritual moments and sweet good-byes

and of course:

  • Baptism Attending




Someone commented, "That was the most spiritual baptism I have ever been to" Although I am completely biased, I have to agree! Thanks for a wonderful weekend everybody!

PS: I found out that my parents might actually be "cooler" than me. For more pics of the weekend see their blog

7 comments:

jeanine said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love spending time with family... and jealous that you were in Detroit! How is it that you get to be closer to my sisters than I do?

The Pagets in Florida said...

I agree, your parents are much cooler than you.

heath said...

Detroit, huh? Glad you had a good time. ChuckECheese is quite the place, isn't it. I took my nieces and nephews there this summer, and I was more than a little overwhelmed. I think I prefer the park!

Unknown said...

Jeanine-I feel soo badly that we didn't have time to look up the Pincocks...you know how it is...but one of these days we'll make it out to see them...

heath-it took me a diet coke and a mr. pibb to enjoy chuckecheese...I hadn't had either since about 8th grade!

Livingstons said...

Not only am I jealous of your blog, but, yet again, the things you do in it... wish we were there!

ROAST said...

Chuck-e-cheese's is totally where my family went for baptism birthdays!

lori said...

ah - what a beautiful family! So glad you could spend time together!!