Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Holidays?

Happy Halloween everyone! I have enjoyed reading every one's posts about pumpkin patches, paper ghosts, and spooky stories. But you will not find such cute pictures on our blog, because we seem to not do well when it comes to holidays this year. As many of you know, I have been going through infertility treatments this year. Without going into a lot of detail, here is an overview of the year:

Valentine's Day=negative pregnancy test
St. Patrick's Day=major blood tests
Easter=negative pregnancy test
Anniversary= bed rest
Mother's Day=miscarriage
Birthday=shots
4th of July=major hormone pills
August and September thankfully do not have major holidays,
Halloween=bed rest, and minor car accident

Don't worry- I am exaggerating some for the sake of humor. I don't want anyone feeling too sorry for us...although some sympathy is always nice...j/k.

outlook for the rest of the year? I think we are meant to only celebrate Christmas-which we will do in full swing starting tomorrow. In Ryan's estimation, "the Christmas season starts the day after Halloween. Thanksgiving is only a road block in the way."

That being said, we need your addresses! That means you. That means a physical location-not email, or website, or myspace page. If there is even a small chance we don't have your address-we want it! If you don't know what for-you are in for a surprise come Christmas.

Merry Christmas Season Eve!

9 comments:

heath said...

Car accident? What? When? Glad you're ok. And bed rest, again? Man, we really do need to talk one of these days. I sure pray for you guys a lot though.

My address: in an e-mail (sorry, I'm just a little paranoid).

Kate said...

Fertility treatments STINK! Hang in there girl! and how cruel could the universe be...a miscarriage on Mother's Day?!?!!! Argh!
I found out I wasn't preg after in-vitro on the 4th of July...What is it with the holidays?? It's hard to party when your heart is broken!

I hope the bed rest means something other then an injury from the car accident!!

I'd give you my address if I knew your email...or can the rest of us cyberspace friends know the secret too?

Lindsay said...

You most definitely have my sympathy, Amy! I really (really, really) hope that, beginning with Thanksgiving..err..Christmas...your next round of holidays is much MUCH happier.

A note on the Christmas starts the day after Halloween bit: Cha...totally. Except here, the city started hanging up their decorations as the kiddos were out trick-or-treating. Can't they wait until AFTER October's over to start Christmas?

I'll also send you my address in an email...if you promise to also send yours. :)

Heather said...

When you get the tree done I would love to see pictures of it. I have only heard about it from Heather and Lori but I can imagine the joy that comes to Ry and you when you get it done!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

This is a big year for us - we will be with Amy and Ryan for the holiday of all holidays Which includes seeing the famous tree. We can't wait.
I protest the description of Thanksgiving being a road block. It is my house and we will have fabulous food and fun and it will stand alone and be triumphant! Yeah! Ryan!
Love,

heath said...

Way to stick it to him mom. Ha!

Livingstons said...

Good thing you don't celebrate Hanukkah 'cause 8 nights in a row... that would be rough. As it is, you deserve all the sympathy the Christmas season has to offer. Happy Ginormous Christmas Tree Day!

Unknown said...

Heath--yes, we are great. And...I am paranoid too. Emails are great

Kate--don't worry. I definitely exaggerated. we'll have to chat-I think I have your email, so I'll write you...of course you can be let in on the secret!

Lindsay--Ry started getting out decorations last night too :)

Heather--oh yes, there most definitely will be pictures

Mom--that's a lot of pressure for Christmas...and of course we're excited for Thanksgiving :)

Jenny- you are hilarious. i wish you could be here to nurse all of our poor sap covered, pine needle poked wounds. :)

Alaina said...

I love your blogs and I love your news, happy/sad as it may be. We're all in your corner! Go Fitz Family!