Thursday, November 1, 2007

"I Should Have Known Better"

I should have known that after weeks of saying, "oh yeah, we don't want to dress up this year. Let's just go to the trunk or treat for a little while if I feel up to it." Ryan wouldn't let me get away with it.

So of course Ry goes out at 5pm to get last minute overpriced candy. I am enjoying my time on the couch content to sit home and pass out candy to trick or treaters in my sweats. But oh no.


Ry calls at 5:45 and is insisting that I get in the shower and that he has a costume for me. I protested my way through 3 phone conversations of, "I don't want to!" Even if I am at 100%; I still hate dressing up. This conversation happens every year-I just thought I had more leverage this time.

But I guess not. Finally at 5:55 I am in the shower, and am putting this on. We had a great Halloween at the ward trunk or treat after all. Or was it Christmas? One can never be too sure.


Uh oh! What will Mrs. Clause think?
Busted! We were able to judge a lot of ward families based on which on these characters their kids ran to first :)
So what did I learn from all this? Never go against Ryan when holidays are on the line. (Name that movie). Merry Halloween!

17 comments:

The Pagets in Florida said...

I feel you pain.... For some reason out here, kids expect us to just give them candy. I made them work for it. They needed to tell me a joke, except the little kids who were exempt. It was like I was asking them to do my homework for me. Now, Santa only expects you to be good to get candy. Maybe Christmas is a better holiday.

Lindsay said...

I love how you guys dress up in matching costumes. I still have a picture somewhere from the year you went as Dorothy and the Scarecrow. Ryan, you make a very jolly Santa, and Amy, you make a fabulous elf. And look at this...no need to buy costumes for Christmas! :)

Lindsay said...

PS: Is the movie "A Christmas Story"?

Unknown said...

ha! heath and i were just remembering how fab that party was!
sorry, not that one...but don't feel bad...it's kind of a stretch

heath said...

Hilarious! I'm so glad Ryan forced you into a costume. I definitely didn't have time to find a costume this year. Maybe I'll have a fantastic party next year.

Heather said...

Name that line...I believe that comes from Princess Bride, of course with a couple of modifications.

I love the costumes and I am not surprised that Ry picked out the costumes at all. He really loves his Christmas doesn't he.

ROAST said...

I don't know if I understand the last picture....please explain. Also please explain what on earth "We were able to judge a lot of ward families based on which on these characters their kids ran to first." Is that even proper English? Wasn't Ryan an English grad?

:-)

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Thanks for giving me a laugh! I am glad you all had fun at the last minute.I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus......

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Thanks for giving me a laugh! I am glad you all had fun at the last minute.I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus......

mcampbell said...

You are seriously two of my favorite people. And you make a rockstar Clause and his Mrs.

Can't wait to see you tonight! It sounds like you've been having quite the time...looking forward to an update.

Livingstons said...

You are one sexy elf, young lady, and did you cut your hair? I'm glad you show that Santa and Jesus can be friends.

Speaking of Princess Bride, did you know that it is all a hoax? Made me sad...

jeanine said...

You guys are too cute! I love it.

And the movie is Princess Bride!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

You DID cut your hair! I wish I were as observant as Jenny. Looks very nice.
And why is Princess Brida a hoax????

Alaina said...

Hahaha you are amazing. That Ryan is a character, think how boring life would be without him!

Heather said...

I must agree with Lainey, life would be pretty boring without Ry!

Rachel B. said...

Ryan & Amy! I found your blog randomly and I am so excited to see that you guys are doing so well (the blogging world is kind of freaky huh)! I was at the Earl's Christmas party last year and I was sad that you guys weren't able to make it. It's great to see that you guys are so happy and really enjoying life! I love your costumes...they somehow seem to be so Ryan. :) Take care.

Rachel B. said...

Oh yeah, I guess it might be helpful to know that "tom & rachel" is Rachel (Koch) Bjorkman.