Sunday, November 18, 2007

On Complaining


My whole family is together in St. Louis and we're not there yet and I had to sit in front of a bunch of obnoxious teenagers at a fireside who text messaged the entire time and didn't listen to me when I told them to put their phones away and my presidency is all out of commission and that was the 6th youth event I've been to/organized this week! I need a break!


Okay, thank you for letting me get that off my chest. On Thursday I will be back to normal again and give thanks like I'm supposed to.


Rats-I can't even complain properly. I have to add that my group of girls sat there very quietly and attentively the entire fireside. I have to admit that I had one of those proud "we're doing something right!" moments.

6 comments:

The Pagets in Florida said...

I often think that they should go back to the good old plaster system in the chapels. There is a good reason for that though. The plaster normally sticks to some sort of chicken mesh of sorts (yes, I know there is the lathe system too.) So, This will effectively make a Faraday cage where most electro-magnetic waves can't penetrate which means no cell service. Ha ha ha. Take that you rowdy teens.

heath said...

Oh, Amy, it sounds like you've had a crazy week. I'm glad it's over for you. What to do about the teenager text-messaging phenomenon? How about frisking them before every class/event and confiscating the phones for the duration? Hmmm, that probably wouldn't go over so well. Let's just blame their parents.

ROAST said...

Why were you in charge of a fireside in St. Louis with your young women there? I am so confused.

JennyW said...

So relating at this moment. Cell phones + teenagers + church = me losing the Spirit ...

Heather said...

I feel for you, but in my young Primary kids. We at least don't have the cell phone issue quite yet but we sure do have issues that we could "blame" on the parents, as Heath said. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

jeanine said...

Luckily most of our youth don't have cell phones... and you can be sure that IF my kids ever have a cell phone they will be taught proper ettiquite (sp?). Don't you hate when you're in the middle of sacrament meeting and someones cell rings? Aaaggh!
Have fun with your family!