Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's Groundhog Day!


"Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye! On Gobbler's Knob on this fabulous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008 Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators, Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths. After casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers, Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me. Six more weeks of winter it will be!"


To which all on Gobbler's Knob exclaim, "BOO!!!" We were glad to be warm in bed this Groundhog Day, but we will never forget the memories of the fabulous town of Punxsutawney, or the deadening cold we endured on Gobbler's Knob those 4 years ago. We are especially proud to have been welcomed into the Inner Circle by Bill, as the only people crazy enough to come from Las Vegas to witness such an event.


Thanks for a great holiday, Phil. We'll see you next year.


5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Yeah, for Groundhog Day! Although I agree with the boo's. I wouldn't if I lived in Vegas though, lucky duck. Vegas winters are the best and I miss them! I love that you've been to Punxsutawney. You two are seriously a riot.

And thanks for not being mad at me. Next time we're in Vegas we'll definitely have to swing by. This trip was jammed pack.

Happy Holidays! :)

jeanine said...

I still love that you went to Punxsutawney for Groundhog Day!

wes said...

love you guys. thought of you all day.

wes and lori

Heather said...

what ever happened to the It's Your Fault post... still waiting to hear about the weekend, I have a feeling that it included mattress sledding.

Kate said...

You went to see the Groundhog? Awesome! Too bad we have like, 12 more weeks + of winter left. I'm seriously depressed about it! @#&!