Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Thought I Would Never...

1. Mix different cereal in the same bowl

2. Brush my teeth in the shower

3. Taste baby food

4. Witness Ryan take it upon himself to clean anything

But it turns out that:

1. I am a fan of Cheerios and Wheat Chex

2. The warm water does not gross me out as much as I thought it would

3. Well, this one was still bad. I admit I had to force myself to do this to overcome my disdain. Plus I needed to see if it was too hot for the kid. I still don't think I will ever become a true "lick the spoon clean" sort of mom.

4. My sweet husband cleaned and organized the garage all by himself Tuesday night! And he was actually willing to throw stuff away!

But just in case you're worried that hell has frozen over, or pigs are flying-Ryan still loves pepperoni pizza and you tube, and I still will never tolerate radio commercials. And we both can't stand anyone who holds up their number so you vote for them on American Idol.

10 comments:

Kate said...

Hahaha, I'm totally into American Idol this year. Although I find the only way I can watch it is tivo'd, that way you can fast forward....and the people that hold up there numbers, questionable. I mean come one, it's right there on the screen!

and I for one have to brush my teeth with warm water. I love it!

Livingstons said...

Wow, you two have matured so much in the last almost-five years... not really, but it's the little things that count. And I tried to brush my teeth with warm water and it was like eating cold pizza - unnatural.

Heather said...

You two make me laugh. I must admit that there really is some baby food that is good, usually the desserts, but I would never lick the vegetables, rarely the fruit, and never the actual meals, but always the desserts. I can, if I absolutely have to, brush my teeth with warm water, it is unnatural like above said.

heath said...

Ry, way to go! That's definitely earned you some points there. Trying to get the upper hand are we? "Remember that time I cleaned the garage . . . "

And I have to brush with warm water--it was weird at first, but my teeth became really sensitive to cold several years back.

Rachel B. said...

Great list. I also brush my teeth with warm water. My mom for some reason got in my head that it kills more germs that way, which is not true. The water would have to be scalding to do that, but it still makes me feel cleaner. Have you tried the banana baby food? Now that's actually rather tasty. And Tom and I cringe every time somebody holds up their number on A.I. too! Drives us nuts!

mcampbell said...

You are two of my favorite people.

This was charming.

lori said...

ditto to Michelle. Love you, friends!

jeanine said...

Loved this list... you guys are great!

Joan said...

Hi! I'm Joan, Brandon Koplin's wife :)
I saw your comment on Anne Cropper's blog. Small world for sure!
I laughed out loud about how you can't stand anyone who holds up their number on AI. I love it! Especially when they smile those obnoxiously fake smiles!

The Wehrmeister's said...

Hey when are you going to go visit your brother again... I think you should do it soon.