Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mattress Sledding 101

1. Head up to Utah at the first sign of fresh snow
2. Gather pre-prepared mattress* from garage at rental house
*Mattress is copyrighted by FitzTru corp. No duplications allowed without the express written consent of the owners
3. Gather as many friends as you have



4. Go to Rock Canyon Park (other locations have not been pre-approved)
5. Smirk at the others in their red discs who look at you with awe and admiration

6. Load up mattress with as many participants as possible

7. Get a good push.

8. Glide effortlessly down the hill, fly into the air, and land painlessly and joyfully on your cloud- like sled.

9. Get the boys to pull it up again.

10. Repeat as necessary-or change it up by flying solo, backwards, and sideways

11. Use your sled for your recooperation also.

12. Reward yourself by attempting to eat a 2ft. sandwich and accomplish New Year's Resolution of getting your picture on a restaurant wall.




Sorry. I edited Amy's post because she's stealing all my Christmas Letter material. To those of you who already read the exciting conclusion, you will have to die (or keep really quiet for 11 months).

Did Ryan:

A) Easily finish the sandwich and get his picture on the wall
B) Vomit ungodly quantities of food 1 1/2 feet into it
C) Proclaim "I never wanted to eat this stupid sandwich anyway" halfway through
D) Finish the sandwich, and writhe in unspeakable agony for the next 12 hours

Stay tuned for the dramatic conclusion.... Christmas 2008.*

*Yes, I've stooped to advertising on my competitor's blog

9 comments:

ROAST said...

Love it! Been waiting for this one!

mcampbell said...

I am sooooo jealous.

I have to do this with you someday. In fact, before I'm thirty. (Um, do you like how I just said that, because that's what people say, even though thirty is not that far away. !) (And that rhymed. Just pointing that out. :))

jeanine said...

I one day need to have the pleasure of mattress sledding! And I guess D. I'm sad that I have to wait 11 grueling months to find out!

Lindsay said...

You guys always have such awesome fun! Come to NYC and play sometime. :)

Heather said...

Love it! That is something that Ry and Wes would definitely do. Glad to see that everyone once in awhile you grace the state with your presence. I too can't wait to hear the end of the story and I will guess D even though I must admit that B would be funny also.

Carlos said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. We may have to find our own "FitzTru" matress at some point.

lori said...

SMILE.
Miss you guys!

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

FitzTru? No way. It has to be TruFitz. Cause look how great the cover fits on the mattress. True fits. TruFitz!

Alaina said...

OH wow this looks awesome. You guys (mostly Ryan) never cease to amaze me!