Monday, April 14, 2008

Don't Bet on It

Our kitchen, Sunday, 3pm: (names will not be used to protect the ignorant)

Spouse A opens dishwasher to pull out cereal bowl. A fumble ensues followed by an unbelievable kick save before bowl reaches the floor. "Did you see that amazing save?" exclaims said person.
Spouse B smiles and nods but is not that impressed. "It wouldn't have broken from that height anyway."

A: "Yeah right. It's chip-resistant, not chip-proof."

B: "Go ahead, drop it. Let's see if it breaks. I bet it doesn't." It took about 3 more "I'm serious go ahead and drop it" looks before Spouse A holds the bowl at counter level and lets go:

B calmly stands, reaches for the broom, cleans up, then reaches for a new bowl from the dishwasher. "Let us never speak of this again."

14 comments:

heath said...

Ha ha! You guys are hilarious!!! I can't believe you actually tested it.

lori said...

This kills me. I love it!

jeanine said...

I can totally picture this happening. You guys are so funny!

ROAST said...

It's a good thing you didn't have any twins crawling around on the ground. :-) Pretty funny.

Heather said...

I will agree with everyone here especially Royce!!! Are you coming up for the wedding? If so I will be excited to see you and the babies!! oh and Ryan too of course.

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Thanks for a good laugh on the day I needed one. I could see it going either way, but I would be especially impressed if the drop kicker had a pregnant belly to boot.

Kate said...

Funny!!!

...and did I tell you how excited I am for those babies to come??

Kate said...

Funny!!!

...and did I tell you how excited I am for those babies to come??

JennyW said...

I'm laughing pretty hard right now ... Nick and I have dishes with a similar promise against chipping. 5 years of marriage = 1 broken platter and 1 chipped bowl. The glass glasses are jealous--they had to be retired for their own protection ...

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

I have a very, very strange feeling I know who A and B might actually be here. But it is quite funny. I will remember this with our dishes. Oh, and your "thing" shipped TODAY, priority mail, from Ohio!

Livingstons said...

Working on baby-proofing already? Just see what B can get into and you should have your answers...(see, it's all about the babies- you're just baby harvesters at this point in your marriage)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hmmm... i have a hunch about who's who!! You guys are the best!! I miss you and I can't wait to meet the little ones when I come home... too bad I can't rub your belly like Lauren did (but maybe I still will!)

Alaina said...

OH thanks for the laugh. ahahahahahaha.