Monday, July 6, 2009

The Cube and Other LA Adventures


So Ry and I tried to come up with a wedding present that would be fitting for his only sister. The only thing we could come up with did not come from Target or Bed Bath and Beyond. And what makes an event even better? To make it a surprise. So we kidnapped the bride and groom 3 days before their wedding and drove them to LA...but we didn't go to Disneyland--well, at least not right away. Thanks to Ryan's internet research and persuasive talent, he found a connection to get into Club 33--Disneyland's most famous secret. In order to get in though, we had to rent some guy's limo first. So we rode in style and spent the morning at The Cube--which is a really cool Discovery Museum. I highly recommend it. We then spent a leisurely afternoon dining at the Club and then running around the park to fit in the best rides before we dropped dead from exhaustion. The whole event took 24 hrs-even though I keep telling myself we are done doing DL in one day.

6 comments:

jeanine said...

What an awesome present! I can't believe Ryan got you into Club 33! Way to go!

lori said...

That's just perfect! Ha. Of course Ryan got you all into club 33 as Jill's wedding present. Of course1

Katrina said...

I'm not surprised in the least that Ryan pulled that off...well done!

ROAST said...

Man I am totally jealous! TOTALLY! You don't understand the beginning of jealously I am feeling. That's totally awesome though and totally you guys.

heath said...

So how was it? Was it everything it's chalked up to be?

Jill said...

That was hands down the best wedding gift we received. Apparently, Jeff stole some of the hand napkins from the bathroom, which I found out about 2 weeks later when he placed them neatly on our bathroom counter...they're still there and probably will be for a while :)

PS...I love the picture of the 3 of us curiously looking into the distance from the balcony, which was after Ryan said, "Everybody pose!"