Wednesday, February 15, 2012

For Wes

The last casual conversation Wes and I had has stuck with me. We were doing dinner dishes together after his mom had made us yet another fabulous meal.

W: "So, do you only take pictures of your house when it's clean, or is it really just clean all the time?"
Me: "Yeah, right. I barely take pictures at all cause I'm too busy. My house is cluttered and dirty daily."
W: "Oh good, I thought it was just us that couldn't keep up with it. Every time we really clean, it's dirty again two seconds later."

This got me thinking. I don't want to be one of those people who portrays a distorted view of my life. So, for your birthday,Wes, here is a picture of my house as it sits today, and just about everyday:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this. It sure does make me feel better about the current state of my house...and it's state just about every day.

Lindsay said...

And the twins look on....much like my kids do when a tornado (of their creation) has recently gone through the living room. If my house looks clean, it's only because I've spent the day constantly cleaning it.

heath said...

I love this--I hope this is making Wes chuckle right about now. :)

jeanine said...

Oh you should see my kitchen right now... and I've heard toys banging around upstairs--I'm afraid to even look!

chercard said...

looks so familiar!

Rachel B. said...

This is shocking...my house is always perfect! Just make sure you give me 2 hours before ever coming over so I can continue the facade. ;) I actually just told myself that I could sit down for 5 minutes to check blogs then I had to get up and go crazy cleaning my house (where I'm pretty sure someone set off a bomb while I was out this morning). So this post totally made me laugh. I'm pretty confused my "neat freaks". Is that real? Do they have children? Are they human? I've had days where my house does stay clean all day, but that means that I have literally been cleaning ALL day. I can't live like that. Thanks for a dose of a very familiar reality!

Heather said...

Thank you....I am sure Wes is smiling!

lori said...

Thanks for the smile, Amy! Love you!!

nateandrebecca said...

This makes me laugh!