Wednesday, February 29, 2012

PTS

                                               
Today proved that  Rachel is suffering from PTS: Pre Teenager Syndrome-

1. Accident #1 before lunch (the #2 kind)
2. Accident #2 after lunch
3. Resulting in her favorite toy being taken away for one day
4. Spontaneously throws her arms around me and says "I love you". (yeah, she's not fooling anybody)
5. Trying to get out the door for preschool, "I'm going to go potty so I can get my toy back." (yeah, right)
6. After school errands were a success,albeit a little hyper and stressful for mom, ie this conversation:
R about Adam: "He's screaming."  Me: "I know, but please don't tell on him." R: "I'm not telling him, I'm telling you." Me: much laughter  R: "It's not funny!"
7. While putting groceries away, a tussle with Adam
8. When I tried to intervene I got a swat and a "Dang it, Mama!" (I let that one go. I was too stunned)
9. A good dinner followed by promise of ice cream
10. Accident #3 (the #2 kind again)
11. No ice cream
12. Great clean up time
13. Just about to repent and offer a chocolate instead when
14. She walks out of my room eating a stolen piece of chocolate
15. Bedtime pretty good,pjs, brush teeth,
16 "Go potty so you can get your sticker."
17. "I'm not listening!"
18. Accident #4
19. I'm done!*


*Before you start being concerned, and pouring in the advice, I really am on top of the fact that this is her personality. And I'll pour on the praise for positive behavior and she'll snap out of it soon enough. In the meantime, I will just shake my head and be grateful for bedtime!

5 comments:

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

She does not take after her Gramma Jean or her Mommy. Ryan??????

Unknown said...

Well, if I were you I would...

Just kidding, I have zero advice to offer, even if I thought you wanted to hear it. Mostly I wanted to say that I'm glad that someone else occasionally really REALLY looks forward to bedtime. I love reading about your adventures.

Rachel B. said...

No advice. Just laughter. But only because I've been there/am there! What a crack up she is. I love a girl with some spunk!

jeanine said...

Oh my! I feel your pain!

heath said...

Ha! I'm sorry about all the accidents, but it sounds like you are going to have a fun teenager on your hands. :) (You know how much I love Rachie--she can be just as sweet as she can be sassy.)