Friday, February 1, 2013

Memory Lane: Ep 1

This year will bring our 10th anniversary...yes, 10! So I decided that I am going to record some memories from those first few years. 
February 1, 2003: The Proposal

Ryan used the Memory Lane theme to recreate most of our dating moments--from the big to the small. I wasn't sure he was proposing until the end, but I had a pretty good idea most of the night. It was still awesome though. 
Memory Ln Street Sign. Pretty sure mine might be one of the only proposals that involved theft

Part of the "Thunder Committee" planning everything the night before
I wish we had you in this picture Michelle!


"Ryan worked his thunder. He worked his thunder so slick. Ryan worked his thunder with lots of little tricks." Why oh why do I have those lyrics Ron and not the ones from the awesome song you wrote?!
It's not obvious from this post, but Ryan (and our friends) went to a LOT of trouble to plan the night. Little did he know that if he had just asked me simply I still would have said yes.

3 comments:

jeanine said...

Oh what fun memories! That was such a fun day running all over trying to get things set up--letting the boys through our bedroom window to set up dinner on the roof, trying to get those candles to light (and the dang wind kept blowing them out!!), and always pairing Amy and Jeff together on every assignment :)

Jeff and Jill said...

Ahh....yes, those were good times using a saw to take down that memory lane sign at 1 in the morning with Ry

heath said...

Why was I such a slacker that I was not there that night??? I have vague details of the happenings, but apparently I was off practicing or some-such nonsense. Also, I just noticed Adam's new quote so I had to comment. Love you guys so much!