Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bring on the Rain (and more friends)

So apparently our friends and family follow the same migration pattern and decided to head south to Vegas at the same time. The Seversons and Mohlmans didn't escape winter drudgery however, because it poured rain just about the whole weekend.

But we ventured on with our plans to go to the BYU/UNLV game. We dropped off the babies, packed lunch, and spent a miserable drive in traffic, and walk to the stadium only to realize that Ryan's plan of getting last minute tickets to a sold out game was going to be expensive. Very expensive. But it is his New Year's Resolution to fail at stuff, so at least we had a silver lining. After some deliberation, we sloshed back to the car and finished out the game on the big screen at the MGM grand amid horse races and football highlights. Ryan was the only one happy with the game's outcome, and the rest of us were glad we were not in the stands to witness such a defeat.

Since Ry did such a good job of fulfilling his resolution, I decided to join him by playing my very first (and last) penny slot machine. Don't judge me, judge Heather-she made me do it. One pull and 24 cents later, I walked away happy. Okay, I pulled a few more times and never won again. Royce took over and at least helped me break even. So at least I have retired a winner.

Ryan continued his trend of failing as we attempted to show Royce a good time by shooting in the desert. But lots of fences and Do not enter signs later, we were unable to find a good spot. Darkness and rain clouds loomed upon us, and after about an hour of driving, we pulled off the road well in sight of cars and the boys aimed and fired in the pouring rain and cold for only about 3o seconds.

Lest you think we have gone completely sinful and lawless, we spent the rest of the evening in a fairly normal PF Changs and Pinball Museum way. And to top it off we went for a stroll at the temple. So at least our children have the impression we're righteous. Thanks for a fun weekend guys. It's definitely one I'll not soon forget!

5 comments:

Linda said...

ha ha! Love the gambling picture! I did the exact same thing and had to take pictures also. It makes me laugh how many things we have in common! :-)

lori said...

Ok. You guys officially crack me up.

heath said...

Thanks for posting about this--now I don't have to!

jeanine said...

You guys are hilarious! When will we get to hang out again?!

Jeff and Jill said...

I love your recent posts. The pictures are so cute!! I am glad you had the experience of gambling too. Love. :)