Saturday, February 27, 2010

Extreme Makeover: Bedroom Edition

After 6 years of living in this house and staring at blank, white walls-I finally decided to do something about it. Thanks to help from a friend (thanks!) and to Ryan's generous relatives who donated some furniture to us (thanks sooo much!) we have gone from

This:

To This:




and from This:To This:





I love my new room and I love that it was practically free to do!

The kids didn't want to be left out-this was their contribution:


Don't worry-it all came right out. But they're still not allowed in my new room!

11 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Great job Amy (and her friend)! I love the deep brown. I'm always amazed at how a little paint can completely change the feel of a room. And how awesome to have been given furniture! All these years I've been ignoring Oprah when she says that your bedroom should be your retreat and the first room you decorate. :) I need to get crackin'! Yours looks so cozy now!

Heather said...

I love it, especially the little helpers part.

Sarah said...

It looks great! Don't you love free stuff?

Linda said...

I love your paint colors!! Especially your bedroom... that looks amazing!!

Thank you both so much for your encouraging comments! It helps more than you know! <3 you!

jeanine said...

I LOVE it!

lori said...

Way to go!! It looks great!!!!!

nateandrebecca said...

Looks nice!

The Pagets in Florida said...

I would like to point out that there are a number of things which remove crayon off the wall, including baking soda on a damp rag. It looks as though you have figured out a solution though.

Secondly, 6 years? Has it really been that long? I feel old.

heath said...

Wow, it looks really good! Can't wait to see it in person.

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I am very impressed. You did it so quickly- that is the most amazing part to me! I love the hall color and the bedroom is so pretty. So glad you got new furniture. We both have new bedrooms! Life is good.

Jeff and Jill said...

WoW! That looks Awesome!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it next weekend!