Sunday, August 22, 2010

All About Adam

Friday was Adam's Special Day...remember this?  Well, it's been two years--wow!  So we decided to celebrate...

A woke up to "pictures' on his door. Aren't they great?  Don't you love how I made them about 2 seconds before they woke up.
I was surprised to get his present in the mail since it wasn't due to arrive for another couple of days. But, someone must have known that this boy really wanted this. He was so excited to open his present. Now, if he wants to play with it he says, "present? cars?"  I love it.  And yes, that is Rachel checking out her diaper in the background.
 It was my intention to let Adam do everything he wanted--and he did. But not alone. He played outside by himself for all of 10 seconds before he came in and asked, "rache?"
What you can't see in this picture is the mark we made on the wall signifying that he is 33" tall. That's shorter than the pediatrician says.  I measured at least twice. But who knows. 
I still made them nap in their cribs, but isn't this cute? If only they understand that you're supposed to SLEEP in a big bed :)
We got an extra surprise...our neighbor is moving and dropped off this train set--almost brand new! Cars and trains in one day? This guy was in HEAVEN! And my pocketbook is super grateful I didn't have to buy this set myself!

In true Adam fashion, he did not want to stop playing to get ready to go in the car to dinner. It took my whole strength to pry his fingers off the trains (only to buckle him in--I let him bring them in the car). But he forgave the intrusion when he saw we were at Chuck E Cheese! At the beginning we were not sure it was worth the cost, but when they proudly handed their 22 tickets to get their lollipop, it was priceless.
To everyone else, this boy is just two. He acts the same and does the same things as a lot of two year olds. But that's to everyone else. To us, he's-well, you know--THE best, smartest, nicest, happiest, cutest, and most loved two year old EVER!  But seriously, Adam always surprises me by how smart, helpful, nice and happy he is! He really is a great boy!

6 comments:

Linda said...

I love how you celebrated Adam's special day!!! What an adorable little boy you have!

The Pagets in Florida said...

He sure does look happy there.

jeanine said...

I really love this tradition! Looks like he had a fantastic day!

Rachel B. said...

Super cute. I love that you do this! I especially love your last paragraph. Isn't it insane just how much we can love these little people? I can tell Adam is all those wonderful things too.

heath said...

What a fun tradition! I hope you celebrate it every year. And Chuck E Cheese is totally worth it. He got to drive a car with a creepy mouse, for starters.

nateandrebecca said...

What a fun way to celebrate! Glad Adam had such a great day.