Sunday, May 8, 2011

NICU Reunion

We had another reunion. This one was a lot more fun for the kids. They got to utilize the bounce house for the first time and enjoy popcorn. Adam was brave enough for face painting, but Rachel was "scared of the lady". Mom's translation is that she was mad because I made her get rid of the big rock she found.
I thought maybe I could just have fun this time and not get emotional. Nope. It's impssible. And when you show your son where he slept for nearly 3 mos. and he whispers, "shh...the babies are sleeping." Yeah, I pretty much lost it.









2 comments:

jeanine said...

What a great reminder of where they started life... and how far they've come! Sometimes I forget that James had a rough start... At his yearly well child check up the doctor asked me if James had had any other seizures. I just gave him a blank look. I honestly had no idea what he was talking about... and then I remembered "oh yeah!" I forgot how blessed we are that James is perfectly healthy... it was a good little reminder!

nateandrebecca said...

I'm glad your kids had fun. I am so glad that we have so much available to us today medically that saves so many lives!