Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

The kids were so excited for their St. Patrick's Day scavenger hunt at preschool. Their excitement made me realize that I needed to step up my game...However, don't be fooled--all of this prep happened in about 15 minutes at 11pm the night before...
Before preschool


Leprechaun footprints

morning treats (all leftover from Halloween--tricky leprechaun)

I would not have colored the toilet water, but they heard of this happening at other houses and they were totally expecting it


definitely the hit of the morning


lucky charms with green milk. I dyed it right under their noses...but they didn't notice. neither one of them would try it until I did. Rachel took the longest and waited until we all ignored her before she ate it. who knew?
 You can't tell from the pictures, but all the girls had matching ribbons. And why oh why do I not have a pic of the big kids in their green? And I was mad because I went to three different stores and only found one green onesie...so we had to be creative and make our own.



Some of us had really good afternoon naps

Some of us didn't
We went to the Fitz's house for corned beef and cabbage. I wanted to take more pictures, but a certain baby wouldn't let me. But it was a fun time. We would have enjoyed the holiday no matter what, but it definitely makes it more fun to be Irish!

And...Memory Lane Ep 5

From our trip to Ireland in 2006...







2 comments:

heath said...

Royce told me that some people put tootsie rolls in the toilet on St. Patricks Day. I hadn't heard of the green food coloring. I think it's all kind of strange quite frankly. But those are some darling kids in green outfits!

Jeff and Jill said...

Nothing better than kissing a stone that millions of others have kissed....blah!