Monday, June 25, 2007

Book Club

Gifted Hands by Dr. Ben Carson

This is a great biography about a man that grew up in the projects of Detroit, but raised by a mother that pushed him to achieve greatness. He became the top neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins hospital and did many break through surgeries including separating Siamese twins.

It is great because it is:
  • an easy read- finished in about 3.5 hours
  • a great history
  • spiritual
  • medically interesting
  • it leaves you wanting to be a better person
  • faith promoting big time

I borrowed a copy to read for my book club, but I think I'm going to buy it because it was so good and I'm sure I'll read it several more times. I wish I had the book to give you a sneak peak, but I guess you'll have to find it for yourself.

However, there is a WARNING: It will make you cry.

3 comments:

jeanine said...

I've heard that this is a great book... I'll have to pick it up after I finish reading "Twilight".

heath said...

I'm excited to read it!

lori said...

looks great!

We've got your rooms! See you this weekend!