Saturday, June 23, 2007

On Accomplishment

"Done is better than perfect"

Sometimes I think we all forget this once in awhile. But every time I have been agonizing over a project it never gets done, but if I just do it then I'm always so much better off. I admire people that can just tackle their to do list (like my gma) but I am not one of them. I spend so much time making my list and then remaking my list, and then deciding that I'll do my list tomorrow, and then when tomorrow comes I make another list....you can see how nothing gets done.


But...here are 2 things that Ry and I have accomplished this week that I think you might appreciate.


I cleaned and organized my closet, and not only did I clean it out and put the excess clothes in the trunk of the car to be taken to DI--I actually took them to DI! (However, I have to give a huge amount of the credit to my mother who helped me-aren't they great?)


This is not a big deal, but I had to have something to build up to the great accomplishment of my husband. Could I get a drum roll please?

Ryan solved the Rubik's cube for the first time in his life! He had to stay up all night to do it, and I confess he used some of the inspired Google (I'm not sure he would want me to admit that), but he did it! Now this also may not sound like a big thing, but if you know my husband you will know that not being able to do something like this drives him crazy! Especially since his best friend found it easy and mastered it years ago. (way to go Wes). So...here it is ladies and gentlemen!




I had to show all sides just so you would know it was legit.

So...everyone go out and get it done!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Haha! Way to go! A clean closet AND a completed Rubix cube! What honestly could be better?

I'm the same way with projects. I think I spend more time THINKING about the project and PLANNING how I'll go about the project than I actually spend WORKING on the project. Sigh. Maybe today's the day I'll sit down and truly tackle the rest of my photo album.......

wes said...

Nice done you guys! I have to confess about the cupe though, I have forgotten how to do it and haven't yet aquired the gumption to relearn, someday...

heath said...

Perfect timing. I was just talking to my friend Katie about how to go about practicing orchestra music for this next week and then I sat down at my computer to think about it, but I think I'm just going to go do it. Congrats on two big feats!

jeanine said...

you have inspired me to clean out my closet and my drawers... I've been thinking about doing it forever. I"m just going to DO IT this week... and congrats on the rubix cube! I'd never have the patience to figure that out!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! That is one very fun accomplishment and one that is very satisfying. Just think, now you have more room for even more new clothes! (tee, hee!)