Friday, June 29, 2007

On Compliments

Ryan: "So I've been noticing all day that your dress really emphasizes your butt. It's probably supposed to be slimming, but something about the pattern makes it stand out. It's nice."

Oh, my sweet husband who was trying to give me a compliment. He, who actually likes my protruding buttocks, thought that this would make me feel great in my new ensemble. But me, who had worn it with pride all through church, dinner with old high school friends, and an evening with family, could only laugh hysterically at the thought of my "butt dress." Bless a good sense of humor. At least he didn't throw this new dress in the trash at the mall...no, I am not joking.

3 comments:

heath said...

Oh Amy, I just am dying lauging. Yes, thank goodness for a good sense of humor. Ummm, I'm totally bummed, but I'll still be in Maryland until Monday. Sigh. Have fun without me (sniff, sniff).

lori said...

AHH! I'm laughing so much too! Do you know that you and Ryan are two of my favorite individuals on earth??! I'm SO EXCITED to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

My props to Ryan! Way to figure out a well-stated, honest compliment. I give compliments like that to my wife too.