Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home...

especially when it is my home! Happy Father's Day to all! And I am especially grateful to have my dad here with us today. I am grateful for the many qualities that I get from him including:

my eyes
my thirst for spiritual knowledge
patience
organization/cleanliness
love of school
quiet and sensitive listening
fierce loyalty
stubborness! (yes, I am glad I am stubborn)
competiveness (he doesn't say he is, but I'm pretty sure he enjoys a job well done just like all of us)

No one does an airplane ride like my dad, or plays a great game of "Simon Says" when I climbed into bed with him on Saturday mornings. Or reads a bedtime story 1 inch away from his face because he's practically blind. Thanks Dad for being you!



Here's our lovely Father's Day table. Note the shirt and tie napkins that Ryan so nicely learned to fold for us.

P.S. I am so grateful for my husband also, but we don't celebrate potential parenthood in our family :)

5 comments:

heath said...

My patience is running a little thin (j/k). I can't wait to hear the update though

lori said...

Happy Father's Day to Brother Livingstone and WAY TO GO on the napkins, Ryan!! I am totally impressed.

Love the memories about your dad, Amy.

Does your No-TV life permit movies? If so we have a recommendation.

Unknown said...

yes, it does. what is it?

lori said...

It's called "The Illusionist" - have you heard of/seen it? Ryan was the first person we thought of after watching it. Take the recommendation with a grain of salt - we watched at my parent's house and my mom did fast-forward one scene. Anyway - if you're ever bored... :) Let us know if you like it!

Can't wait to read the above post -it is my "after all your work is done" reward :) Love you guys!

CL/Dad said...

The napkins were indeed splendid! I enjoyed visiting, seeing the dichondra, driving with Ryan, air conditioning, museum and dinners, games, church, temple, bakery tour, and being together. And no TV, for sure! Competitive? Just because I will never be able to win at Solitaire or Settlers?