Tuesday, June 24, 2008

All is Well

Nothing much to report today. The babies haven't changed too much in the last couple of days. They adjust their feedings and their oxygen levels slightly, and they are on and off their lights, but that's about it. Today is the first day that I have stayed home from the hospital, but Ryan went and reported that they looked good. It was hard to stay away, but it was nice to get some much needed rest and to get caught up on a few things at home. Can't wait to go tomorrow though.

Thanks so much for your continued prayers and support. We really feel them, and it helps through the rough moments-because despite the great reports, there are still definitely rough moments.
Everything is worth it though when I look at these faces:


Note that the nurses cut her bandages into hearts. This makes me happy.

9 comments:

Chrissy said...

I am so glad that they are doing so well so soon! But I can only imagine how hard it is for you to not be able tohave them with you. I am thinking about you! Take care of yourself right now and they will be home before you know it!!

jeanine said...

So glad that the babies continue to do well. Good that you got some much needed rest.
And I love that the nurses cut the bandages into hearts too... so sweet.

The Wehrmeister's said...

I think of you alot. Especially since I can't walk right now. I have alot of time to do alot of praying, so I make sure to add you to the list. (Hope that made sense, since I'm drugged)

Love,Jen

Heather said...

I think they are adorable and the heart bandages make Rachel that much cuter. Glad you got some rest. Good luck this week.

lori said...

Your baby should have heart bandages...I mean, you're the one who put that heart in my engagement butter, right??!

Loving and thinking of you!

CL/Dad said...

Paragrams for the twins:
I thought I would work up some paragrams for the baby names which could encourage them despite their early entrance to earth life. (Several of you will not understand what a paragram is, but someday Adam and Rachel should understand).

For ADAMLEWISFITZGIBBONS---
FAB MISSION BLITZ WAGED
This means that although you came early, like a blitz, your life is to wage a fabulous mission. I guess you just could not wait any longer to start it.

For RACHELELLENFITZGIBBONS--
FEEL GLITZ, RIBBONS, CHANEL
This means your life should be touched by all the feminine joys you bring to it such as the showy things, the pretty wrappings and bows, and the smell of perfume.

Keep hanging in there you kids!! My love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

They must be special kids - they have their own paragrams and they are already solved!

You are all doing a fine job. Thanks for posting news and pictures so we can know what is happening. There are lots of us on this team. Go, fight, tWINs!!

Love, Kay

Greg said...

amy!! i'm so excited, i haven't checked your blog lately and i just got your post. congratulations! i'm glad the babies are doing well, i can't wait to meet them! make sure to take care of yourself too. congratulations again!

Kayla said...

Love these little babies! So glad things are going well. Thanks for the comment Amy. I DO feel loved! ;)