Friday, June 6, 2008

Pregnancy Perks

After one of our long days of shopping, we decided to eat at Sweet Tomatos. While waiting in line at the register, I guess my hand went automatically to rest on my belly. I also must have looked pained because the waiter/manager glanced at me and said, "You're not going to have that baby today are you?" Then he immediately mocked into his headset, "Start boiling some water, we're going to have a baby here!" After informing him that it was twins he corrected, "Make that double the water...we're having two!"

But alas, the only water that was involved was the glass of cold ice water that magically kept getting refilled and the relief to my pain was not giving birth, but rather the tray that was swept from my hands and brought to the table for me.

And as we left I was wished good luck and the reminder that, "We have food to go if you find that you can't get out of bed soon"

What a nice guy.

And...it might interest some of you to know that our lovely "usual" waitress at the Harvest Cafe has twin girls of her own. I think Ry picked the right place to frequent.

1 comment:

jeanine said...

What a coincidence that your usual waitress has twins! That's great!