Wednesday, June 18, 2014

24 Hours

I can't really blog about this one since I wasn't there, but Ryan went to Disneyland with Royce and Heather since it was open for 24 hours. And they stayed the entire 24 hours. The first thing they did was stand in line to meet Anna and Elsa...this cracks me up for some reason. And Ryan says he blew it...waited two hours and didn't even talk to Elsa...oh well!







So after what looks like a really exciting time, (and a nap), Ryan headed home. His expected arrival was 7pm. But...then he called and said that his transmission was out and he was stranded near Baker, CA. *Well...this was not good news. So I scrambled to get a babysitter and prepared to make the 2 hour drive to go get him and determine how to get our car home. But...thank goodness we know good people. Our mechanic was nice enough to come out and determine that it was toast, but filled it with enough transmission fluid to make sure he got home. So at 2 am, Ryan was home and the car was dead in the street. We really thought we were going to bury it and looked for a "new" car for about 5 days, but again the mechanic world came through and we got a new transmission for cheaper than we thought. So this car is on its 4th life...
would Ryan say that his 24 trip was worth it? Yes, yes he would. Am I extra extra glad that I refused to go? Yes, Yes I am.

We had some fun of our own...




 May 23 the kids celebrated summer birthdays at school...I was especially excited about this because I have a summer birthday and always felt forgotten at school...so I'm glad they got a chance :)

 Adam conquered these monkey bars...he was so proud of himself.


*Heather--you are not allowed to have ANY guilt about this trip :)

No comments: