Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Utah Bound

My dad made a trip to Salt Lake City. We hadn't been there for awhile, and it's easier/cheaper to see him in Utah than flying to St. Louis, so we made the trip up for a few days. It is always super nice to see my family, esp my gpa who is almost 91. We also saw so many dear friends and it was especially good to see those who we normally miss on trips. Hopefully we'll get to see the rest of you next time :)

Thursday: After passing it on the 15 dozens of times, we finally stopped and toured Cove Fort. It was really awesome actually. Made me wish we were in Nauvoo. Then it was off to Royce and Heather's for a sleepover...thanks for letting us stay :)
Friday: spent the day at Gpa's and with cousins. It was a lot of fun to just soak up family. And of course we had to do all of the traditional things-play tennis and play on the pool table. Good times
Saturday-spent the morning with Dad, then headed to Provo--if you were not there then you should have been. Lunch at Chick fil A, BYU Astrofest, climbing the Y and Round Table pizza. Can't get any better than that.
Sunday-Lori and Ryan stayed up late making birthday magic for Lucy's birthday. And we had a really fun day going to church and celebrating Lucy's birthday before heading home. My babies also turned 18 months which makes them way too big to even think about :)
Thanks for having us Utah~until next time :)








































1 comment:

jeanine said...

What a great trip! I'm so glad that you got the chance to stop by Cove Fort!! Seeing pictures of it reminds me of how cool it really was. We just went to Old Mormon Fort this weekend... not nearly as cool.
I've been loving all your updates... and I'm in awe of everything you guys do!